• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GS7 Edge slow charging

C

Charging problem

I have had my S7 about a week, and it has worked fine until yesterday. All of a sudden it is really slow to charge. I checked the battery setting and is is properly set to "on" to allow fast charge. I have the Ampere app to measure the charge and where it used to charge at over 1000 mA, it is now charging at less than 400 mA most of the time. In fact, where the charge level used to be mostly fixed/consistent, it now fluctuates going from maybe 800 or 900 mA when I first plug it in, to as low as 20 mA, but usually around 200- 300 mA. I have tried changing chargers, cords, and even different outlets I plug into, to no avail. Last night I put it on the wireless charger and after 8 hours, it was only at 89% charged. Prior to this problem developing, it would charge to 100% in a couple of hours.

Please help!

Reactions: Jose Salazar

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones