• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GSII - T-Mobile?

daivik

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2010
Hi,

I've phoned T-Mobile up twice and both times, I've been told they're stocking them, but their internal "coming soon" doesn't actually have a release date!

However the GSII, is on their website.

So if anyone orders from T-Mobile directly, could they please inform us, and when it actually gets delivered??

Hi daivik, not sure which site you are looking at and where you live, however, I'm from Chicago and just checked the T-Mobile site and I don't see the GSII anywhere. Also, I have been researching the GSII, because I'm interested in possibly picking it up too, and as far as I know, as of now, the only companies who might be getting it are AT&T, Sprint, & Verizon. Can you tell me which site you saw it at?

Upvote 0
Hi again daivik, did some further research and it looks like the Samsung Galaxy SII phone is available from T-Mobile UK. And as far as it looks, you can order it now. It was kind of tricking getting to the order page. what you would need to do is select Shop - Phones & Tablets - Pay Monthly, then Samsung. You should now see the phone listed. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Reactions: daivik
Upvote 0
Hi again daivik, did some further research and it looks like the Samsung Galaxy SII phone is available from T-Mobile UK. And as far as it looks, you can order it now. It was kind of tricking getting to the order page. what you would need to do is select Shop - Phones & Tablets - Pay Monthly, then Samsung. You should now see the phone listed. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Thanks a lot. I'm on a business contract, so now I KNOW they're selling them on the non-business side, they should have them in stock. I shall be calling tomorrow!

Upvote 0
The fact that T Mobile already has the Samsung galaxy s 4g I wouldn't be surprised if they passed this one up. Which is gonna be sad as the galaxy s2 really looks like a winner.

they're getting the rumored "Hercules". bigger screen and a newer dual-core qualcomm chip. if the specs are true, then it'll be a very comparable phone. 4.5" is just a bit big for me.
that's also supposedly a ways away from release. August or something? i wanna say

Upvote 0
Hi,

I've phoned T-Mobile up twice and both times, I've been told they're stocking them, but their internal "coming soon" doesn't actually have a release date!

However the GSII, is on their website.

So if anyone orders from T-Mobile directly, could they please inform us, and when it actually gets delivered??
Upgrade due - Galaxy S2 - Vodafone eForum

not sure if you're aware of this thread mate... but Vodafone were bullshitting all their customers prior to release (which was last wednesday). I was told different things every time I rang up. In the end I just asked them how much it would be to cancel my contract because I could get the phone from elsewhere straight away... Out of nowhere, they had a phone ready to be despatched to me for next day delivery... and it sure came next day. so... I recommend ringing up and politely (you have to be polite) ask for basic questions. ask why can't you have it... say it's out everywhere else... if they BS you, just ask to speak to someone in charge... ask about cancelling your contract... I guarantee you they'll suddenly be good to help you! good luck!

Reactions: daivik
Upvote 0
Upgrade due - Galaxy S2 - Vodafone eForum

not sure if you're aware of this thread mate... but Vodafone were bullshitting all their customers prior to release (which was last wednesday). I was told different things every time I rang up. In the end I just asked them how much it would be to cancel my contract because I could get the phone from elsewhere straight away... Out of nowhere, they had a phone ready to be despatched to me for next day delivery... and it sure came next day. so... I recommend ringing up and politely (you have to be polite) ask for basic questions. ask why can't you have it... say it's out everywhere else... if they BS you, just ask to speak to someone in charge... ask about cancelling your contract... I guarantee you they'll suddenly be good to help you! good luck!

Thanks. I have been polite. But today I'm going to be like "but on forums there are at least 5 people - (which is true, over on a similar thread on xda) that have got this phone when they got told you had a shipment of 900 on friday and saturday morning!) What's odd is that I'm on my dad's business contract so i think it's about 8 phones and we've been with them for as long as I can remember so that's about 6-7 years at least!

Baffles me why they'd BS a loyal customer that certainly brings in a fair bit of business (well for a small-sized comany)

Upvote 0
Baffles me why they'd BS a loyal customer that certainly brings in a fair bit of business (well for a small-sized comany)

Cos loyal customers are seen as Cash Cows and need no looking after. You've been with them for 6-7 years so they figure that you're going to stay with them no matter what. Exactly the same story with upgrades - why, when I pay

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies.

Found out it was because I'm on a business contract. For some reason they're not selling the GSII to business customers until the end of the month, however for normal users, the GSII is avaliable and in stock.

5 DAYS! :mad::mad:

You poor thing, I'm begining to feel your pain, but hopefully by this time next week you wil be smiling and doing us a nice detailed review.

Upvote 0
Nope - one account with four personal lines on the account.

hmm. then that could be why. How long have you been with them?

I mean I suppose they know that they can get the most profit from the single account - single user - personal accounts because they know that "more experienced" mutil-user people will be able to haggle the price down??

Any ideas?

Still going to call them everyday until they say it's coming! :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones