1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

(GSM) gnex still hasnt have update??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by airkenada, May 3, 2012.

1. airkenada

airkenada Lurker

i got my galaxy nexus around beginning of January from a store with no contract and unlocked. I seen lots of people with update an i still dont have any update to this very day. Im still on 4.0.1 and would like to update it without root :thinking::thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. millenium

millenium Well-Known Member

what store, and you may need a new sim card form VZW

3. flagg33

flagg33 Newbie

There is nothing wrong with your sim card, and whatever a vzw is it won't help you. The Nexus is divided into regional builds and a few regions have not got anything beyond 4.0.1 yet. You can either sit tight and wait until your region gets an ota or do it manually. You don't need to be rooted to update manually but you do need to unlock your bootloader which will wipe your device. There are some instructions here if you feel like going to that extreme:

[HOW-TO] Convert to latest yakju/takju build (from any other build) / Return to stock - xda-developers

4. airkenada

airkenada Lurker

im in canada and got it from a local phone shop

5. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

the only way to get it until your carrier pushes it out is by unlocking your bootloader as noted above. Doing so WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE.

6. airkenada

airkenada Lurker

what is unlocking the bootloader?? im new to android

7. wrecklass

wrecklass Well-Known Member

Or get a Gnex from Sprint, which is shipping with 4.0.4. Worked for wife and I.

8. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

I believe the OP is in Canada on a GSM version of the Nexus. Sprint version wouldn't work for them.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews