• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GSM] GSM Evo 3d stuck at white loading screen

Blinkie

Lurker
Dec 5, 2012
My phone is stuck on the a white screen that just says "HTC". There's no moving animation (don't think there is supposed to be one, but in case there is, I don't have it).
I've let it sit for a *long* time, overnight for 7-8 hours in one case. Most times for 20 minutes to an hour. It's not a patience problem.

Details:
HTC Evo 3D (GSM, Europe), with unlocked bootloader (HTC-way), used recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-shooteru.img for recovery and rooted with superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.

I have not gotten S-Off since several places have stated that it's not necessary to flash other ROMs.

I've tried installing
LeeDrOiD_3D_V5.4-Final-GB.zip,
Villain3D-v1.0.0.zip,

Same result for both. Install works fine, no errors, but when I reboot afterwards, the phone is stuck on the white screen.

When I start the phone with power+volume down, it says
*** Unlocked ***
SHOOTER_U PUT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.53.0007
eMMC-boot
May 22 2012, 01:06:07​

My computer is running Win 7 Pro, but I do have a linux (ubuntu 12.10) laptop available if you need me to use linux. I'm a newcomer to linux, though, so please be very detailed in that case.

I'm at wit's end here. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If there's any more information I can give, just tell me how to find it and I'll post it asap.

Fair warning, though, it's 5:30 in the morning here, and I've been up all night messing about with this, so if I don't reply immediately it is most likely because I've fallen asleep.

Edit: I tried RUU_SHOOTER_U_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_3.28.401.1_Radio_11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06_M_release_262714_signed
Did not work. Gave me an error message some way through, then wanted to do some sort of resetting afterwards...which also didn't work. I'm sorry, but I don't remember what it said. I was busy yelling "NO NO NO NO NOOO" loudly at the screen, thinking "this is it, I just bricked my phone". Nothing seems to have happened, though.

My phone is stuck on the a white screen that just says "HTC". There's no moving animation (don't think there is supposed to be one, but in case there is, I don't have it).
I've let it sit for a *long* time, overnight for 7-8 hours in one case. Most times for 20 minutes to an hour. It's not a patience problem.

Details:
HTC Evo 3D (GSM, Europe), with unlocked bootloader (HTC-way), used recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-shooteru.img for recovery and rooted with superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.

I have not gotten S-Off since several places have stated that it's not necessary to flash other ROMs.

I've tried installing
LeeDrOiD_3D_V5.4-Final-GB.zip,
Villain3D-v1.0.0.zip,

Same result for both. Install works fine, no errors, but when I reboot afterwards, the phone is stuck on the white screen.

When I start the phone with power+volume down, it says
*** Unlocked ***
SHOOTER_U PUT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.53.0007
eMMC-boot
May 22 2012, 01:06:07​

My computer is running Win 7 Pro, but I do have a linux (ubuntu 12.10) laptop available if you need me to use linux. I'm a newcomer to linux, though, so please be very detailed in that case.

I'm at wit's end here. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If there's any more information I can give, just tell me how to find it and I'll post it asap.

Fair warning, though, it's 5:30 in the morning here, and I've been up all night messing about with this, so if I don't reply immediately it is most likely because I've fallen asleep.

Edit: I tried RUU_SHOOTER_U_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_3.28.401.1_Radio_11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06_M_release_262714_signed
Did not work. Gave me an error message some way through, then wanted to do some sort of resetting afterwards...which also didn't work. I'm sorry, but I don't remember what it said. I was busy yelling "NO NO NO NO NOOO" loudly at the screen, thinking "this is it, I just bricked my phone". Nothing seems to have happened, though.

blinkie,welcome to the forums :)

there are a few details lacking,but i do see a couple issues:
1)you do not make any mention of flashing your boot image,wich is an important part of s-on rom flashing.
2)both roms youve tried look to be gingerbread based,and therefore not compatible with your newer,ICS firmware.

while it is technically true you do no not need to be s-off to flash roms,you have been somewhat misled... htcdev unlock is a PITA,requiring secial processes to make things work correctly.

vey likely all you need to do is either:
1)restore a working backup
or
2)flash a new,compatible ICS rom and matching boot image.

in option one,you may get away with the restore from a permanent recovery,since your stock boot image should still be in place. otherwise,youll need to make efforts to restore the boot image as well.

this thread will have info on launching your recovery into phone memory,as well as some other information: http://androidforums.com/gsm-evo-3d...install-recovery-root-htcdev.html#post5139976

my recomendation would be to follow those directions to fastboot boot and restore your backup,or flash a new rom.

just remember in your rom selection,youll need to flash something thats ICS based and works with your current ICS firmware. youll also need to make sure youre flashing a GSM rom ;)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1230 is a good place for rom selection

if you for some reason still need to run the ruu,your bootloader must be relocked,and being s on youll need to pass the signiture,cid and main version checks as well. we may need more info if the ruu you ran is failing one of those checks.

im off to work,but ill try and watch in case you have questions. but rest assured,its difficult to impossible to hard brick any s on phone,so the info here should get you up and running :)

Reactions: Blinkie and DonB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones