1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GSM/HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus with no signal in stadiums

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tn77, Apr 13, 2012.

1. tn77

tn77 Newbie

This has happened multiple times, so I'm quite sure it's not a fluke.

When I go to a stadium, my phone works and it has full signal. However, once the stadium fills up with 40,000 people, my phone no longer works. No network WHATSOEVER.

You'd say it's a network overload issue, but I doubt it: I'm using AT&T, and other people sitting near me are also on AT&T. They are surfing and texting away, but my phone is basically a brick. So I want to know why this is. Thoughts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ALIHISGREAT

ALIHISGREAT Member

I thought its pretty standard to have no signal a super busy events (sports stadia, concerts, festivals etc)

Its probably a matter of luck as to whether you get signal or not?

3. tn77

tn77 Newbie

Again, it is quite consistent that I am the only user with issues. All other AT&T people around me are not. I don't consider this "luck". It is a consistent behavior.

4. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

OP do you know anyone else with a GNex personally that experiences this as well? In the same stadium as you?

5. tn77

tn77 Newbie

That's why I'm on this forum. Asking if others have experienced it in other group settings.

Anyone else I know has a Verizon GNex, and they don't go to games with me, and all the people around me did not have GNex phones. Most were iPhones.

6. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

All I know is that whenever I go to any sporting event with my friends, their ATT iPhones don't work at all. No data, no texts, no email, nothing.... except when I let them tether to my VZW Droid. They all tell me that's normal.

I haven't taken my GN to any events lately, plus its on VZW so I can't answer your question either.

trophynuts likes this.
  7. tn77

tn77 Newbie

But in my situation, both working phones (everyone else's) and non-working phones (my GNex) are on AT&T. Strange, huh?

8. cctwentyfive

cctwentyfive Lurker

Yes!!

Was at a basball game last Monday (Blue Jays home opener) and my data was not working at all the entire time I was there. Telus network. Texts seemed to be working fine. People around me were fine, as I could see them Facebooking (mainly on iPhones). Had a Blackberry before the Nexus, never experienced this problem before.

I had full bars, but anything I tried to do (webpage, update Twitter) would just time out.

9. tn77

tn77 Newbie

Interesting. That's similar, but I wasn't getting any bars at all. No text, no phone, no data. I've had this happen many times.

The only other similarity is that we both attended AL East games, but I doubt that is related to the issue. :) Plus my other game was an NL East game, so it rules that out. :)

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews