• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GSM/HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus with no signal in stadiums

tn77

Aug 12, 2011
This has happened multiple times, so I'm quite sure it's not a fluke.

When I go to a stadium, my phone works and it has full signal. However, once the stadium fills up with 40,000 people, my phone no longer works. No network WHATSOEVER.

You'd say it's a network overload issue, but I doubt it: I'm using AT&T, and other people sitting near me are also on AT&T. They are surfing and texting away, but my phone is basically a brick. So I want to know why this is. Thoughts?

Yes!!

Was at a basball game last Monday (Blue Jays home opener) and my data was not working at all the entire time I was there. Telus network. Texts seemed to be working fine. People around me were fine, as I could see them Facebooking (mainly on iPhones). Had a Blackberry before the Nexus, never experienced this problem before.

I had full bars, but anything I tried to do (webpage, update Twitter) would just time out.

Upvote 0
Interesting. That's similar, but I wasn't getting any bars at all. No text, no phone, no data. I've had this happen many times.

The only other similarity is that we both attended AL East games, but I doubt that is related to the issue. :) Plus my other game was an NL East game, so it rules that out. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones