1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GSM unlocked version inside the US?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Endocraft, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Endocraft

Endocraft Newbie

Does anyone know if the GN will remain exclusive for Verizon in the US, or will the GSM unlocked version be available in the future?

It seems only importers are selling it unlocked, more expensive than in Canada, and only the 16 GB version.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Endocraft

Endocraft Newbie

Uhh I guess it's ebay or the $750 phones from importers...

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

Actually i think other carriers will possibly get it here in the US but i'm not sure when. I believe VZW was to only get exclusivity to it for a limited time.

4. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Apparently it was confirmed that Verizon had a 60 day exclusivity with the phone, just no one is sure when it was suppose to start. I think we will see this phone released in the US with a couple of months to other carriers.

Galaxy Nexus Coming to AT&T in February? | TechnoBuffalo

trophynuts likes this.
  5. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Android Enthusiast

What's wrong with getting an unlocked one besides a little pricy. There are some paying that for iPhone 4s on ebay so why not be the first to have one. Lol
    Yes I too have heard that At&t will be getting one in February if you want to wait.

6. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

because the hope is that AT&T will get the 32gb version like VZW did.

Wolfedude88 likes this.
  7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Exactly, that is what I am hoping for. I am not big into the cloud, at least not yet and especially since I don't have unlimited data either.

I would give my wife my 16 gig since that would be plenty for her and I would take the 32gig.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews