1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support GT-P5110: Firmware Encountered an Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deanface, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Deanface

Deanface Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2014
    Hi Guys,

Apologies if there is a duplicate thread, but none of the existing threads helped me for what i have. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 (GT-P5110) and a week or so ago it stopped working. It would first get stuck in the Samsung logo and nothing would happen. So i did some research and found that i can use Odin to do a stock firmware upgrade. I held the power + volume up button to put the device into download mode and did according to the guide and also downloaded the correct stock firmware 4.2.2 for GT-P5110 from sammobile and after it was upgraded and Odin said pass. The tablet then displayed the orange triangle with the message firmware upgrade encountered an issue.

I have tried using Kies, but that does not find the device. I have also tried using the firmware & initialize in kies, but it would say your device does not support initializing. I have done the stock firmware upgrade on Odin again and again, tried Android 4.2.2, 4.1.1 and 4.04 all for GT-P5110 and nothing works. All it says is it has passed and then when i run the device it would say firmware issue encountered. The other thing is, i can no longer start the device in recovery/download mode when pressing the power + volume up and i cannot even turn the device off as it will just go back to the firmware upgrade issue until battery goes flat.

Any advise?

Kind Regards,
    Dean.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    The Samsung desk at a Best Buy store. See if they can force-feed it firmware.

3. BKline2003

BKline2003 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Male
    Indiana
    Almost sounds like it might have gotten bricked some how.

4. amirowji

amirowji Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2015
    Male

Hi Dean
    I have the same problem exactly like you. Did you find a solution? I appreciate if send reply to my email: amirowji@gmail.com

Regards