• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GT Rom V 1.0

GTurn

Android Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2012
Dallas, TX
Hey guys. I put this ROM together for myself and I just decided to share it with AF. Please let me know if you find anything wrong with it. I will be theming and adding other mods to it.
It is based from LDriftas #2. I just changed some things in it. It still has all the tweaks that #2 has.
I added the ability to use any boot animation..
Rom Base:
MD4 Official Release (4.1.2)

Kernel:MD4
Stock

Rom Features:
-Root & SU
-Busybox & init.d support
-DeBloated
-DeOdex'd
-Extra cleaning process via install script
-Build.prop tweaks
-Custom Boot animation
-Custom Shutdown animation
-4 way reboot. Thanks Ldrifta

Installation Proccess:
**MAKE A BACKUP!!

I highly recommend you to install the recovery done by Dadcup. download link below

recoveryphilztouch (1)

-Download ROM and copy to SD/Storage
-Boot to Recovery mode
-WIPE DATA IF YOU'RE A FIRST TIME USER!!
-Flash/Install ROM
-Reboot & Enjoy!!

ChangeLog:

v1.0
-Initial Release

GT ROM Download link
GT ROM

1 thing ill add is if you do not have that "Phills touch recovery" than youll actually break your rom and need to wipe data if you attempt using the 4-way reboot mod on/with any other recovery (as of now) I found that out the hard way last night with my girlfriends phone hahaha

but none the less good work and keep it coming bro ;)

Reactions: GTurn
Upvote 0
I'll be contributing to this ROM by adding some ui tweaks and hopefully some nice features. This phone needs a good start to get more stock based roms. But with only gturn and ladrifta being the devs as my self along with the folks at XDA. for now its having a sucky slow start lol.

@gturn if you made any customizations prior to this release I'll be waiting till you let out the new version before I mod if not I'll shall do my magic

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones