1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support GT S6312 - Safe/Recovery Mode not working

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by darthsinistro, Mar 7, 2016.

1. darthsinistro

darthsinistro Lurker
    None

Mar 7, 2016
    Male
    Hi there. I've only had this problem since yesterday. I'll try and be as objective as possible.

For the last 3-4 weeks or so, I've been facing this issue with my Samsung GT S6312. The phone hangs out of the blue and after 2-3 minutes, it shows up with a Dialog Box saying "Unfortunately, Software Update has stopped"
    I was going to buy a new phone anyway so I just took it in my stride.

Yesterday, I got a notification saying something along the lines of 'Some apps need the latest version of Google Play which isn't supported by my device. Please contact the manufacturer.' I ignored it once again, put an alarm on my phone and went to sleep. Got up and my phone has been doing this ever since:

1. Starts and shows the 'Galaxy Young' screen.
    2. Blank screen
    3. Samsung animation
    4. Screen goes blank, phone vibrates once and goes back to screen 1.

I have researched many solutions involving the recovery/safe mode. I tried using the 'Vol Up + Power+ Home' buttons and this happened:

1. Starts and shows the 'Galaxy Young' screen.
    2. Blank screen
    3. Samsung animation
    4. As long as I hold the 3 buttons, it keeps vibrating periodically with a blank screen. Then, if I let go of the buttons, goes back to screen 1.

Way I see it, I can't even access the safe mode. The issue I'd like help with is making sure I don't lose my data. Under the given circumstances, what are the measures that I can take to extract my data when:

1. I cannot boot the phone in either normal/recovery mode.
    2. The device is not rooted.
    3. While booting, it does not show up on my 'My Computer' page

Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement