1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GTA 3 now works for the Razr with the latest update.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cloudnueve, Dec 22, 2011.

1. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Member

Just confirmation to everyone that being waiting to play this great game!

rtb35 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. willis1

willis1 Newbie

I just tried to download this and it says it is not compatible. Did you have to do anything to get it to download?

3. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Member

I kept the original instead of asking for a refund or deleting it. Today, I received an update for it and decided to test it. There was no flickering and once you hit "start", it went straight to the load screen. The game plays great.

willis1 likes this.
  4. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Aint gots no GTA luv here :(

5. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Member

Yeah, I checked the market and didn't see it. It will be there soon. They fixed it...even though I really don't have time to play it until the holidays are over :)

6. willis1

willis1 Newbie

It's now in the market and works for the razr. Tried earlier and no luck, tried again and it downloaded with no problems

7. rtb35

rtb35 Android Enthusiast

Just downloaded the update and can confirm it is now working :) cheers op for the heads up.

8. rushmore

I have a Flyer, Thrive, View and Razr (three different chipsets) and still no GTA3 luv :(

9. rankman

rankman Well-Known Member

I see it in the market now but I see mixed reviews. If u tried it on The razr how is the gameplay and controls?

10. IDEAL41

IDEAL41 Member

played for about 1/2 hour last night...very smooth, graphics not as detailed as pc but nice and fluid...missions same as original game so far as well as all of the movies,cutscenes,vehicles,weapons,characters,voices ect. controls are decent but of course take up room on the screen...they are nice and transparent...I like that when you lift your left thumb off the screen (left thumb is for movement) the joystick toggle relocates to wherever you put your thumb back on the screen so you dont have to worry about finding a 'fixed' joystick while playing...probably a bit of a battery hog...1/2 hour gameplay took me from 80% to 60% on the inaccurate 10% scale. game is a bit more appealing for me than the surplus of angry birds/cut the rope type timewasters that seem to be popular right now.

and at only $2.99 in the market right now, it is a good price for the quality of gameplay in my opinion...i hope it doesn't run short on gameplay lenght

11. rushmore

I see it in the market too, but still says not compatible and will not let you buy it.

12. IDEAL41

IDEAL41 Member

bought it last night....x910 gsm phone....maybe verizon is different

13. willis1

willis1 Newbie

It made me update my payment method before it would let me download, just one more thing to check. Gameplay is awsome if you ask me. Controls take a little to get use to, but really fun.

14. rushmore

I checked again a few hours ago and market let me buy it. Not downloaded the data file yet, but have the core app installed.

Added:

Why am I guessing it will play REALLY good on the Asus prime? ;)

Added: Plays way better than expected. Good port :)

15. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Member

Maybe it's just me, but you can't change the radio station. I would love to hear Game Radio again.

16. rushmore

Is there an option to change stations? Would be nice to use our own tunes, since mp3 will use the built in decoder, so should not impact resources much at all.

None the less, I am impressed how good this game plays on a phone.

Seems it would struggle more on the Gnex and Rezound, due to the higher res displays.

I agree with IDEAL's observations. An A game and worth full price of $5. Getting for less right now is nice though.

17. willis1

willis1 Newbie

If you swipe across the radio station at the bottom left of the screen, the radio station changes

bagalakadaka and rushmore like this.
  18. bagalakadaka

bagalakadaka Lurker

I tried doing that and it never works. Sometimes when I go in a car it has the radio inspired but when I go to change the station it just shuts the radio off and thats it.
    It never works. I swipe so many times and it stays off

19. rushmore

Still would be nice to use own tunes, but does not take away from the game playing great on the Razr.

20. ztribal

ztribal Lurker

So I recently purchased this and when I get passed the intro and I want to get in the car with 8-bomb I can't! I get none of the right side controls, all I can do is walk around. Anyone else have this issue?

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews