• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root gTablet Battery Life Tips?

The main thing that I have learned is to just turn it off if you won't be using it for a while. I turn mine off at night, and only really leave it on standby if I know I'll be using it again in the next hour or so.

Otherwise, it's just common sense stuff like turning off the wifi/bluetooth if you aren't using it and adjusting the screen brightness. Running a task killer can help, too.

Upvote 0
I'm assuming that you mean how to maximize how long you can use the device (or have it in stand-by). If so, in addition to what Zebulon says, turn the screen brightness down as much as you can tolerate.

If you meant that you want the battery to be usable for as many months/years as possible, then you should generally charge it up to about 85% charge or less and recharge it when it gets to around 30%. To keep the battery meter working, you'll need to charge it to 100% and drain it to <5% every so often (some people say once a month).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones