1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root gTablet Battery Life Tips?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by newDroid2010, Apr 4, 2011.

1. newDroid2010

newDroid2010 Newbie

I have a rooted G tab running VEGAn 5.1 - does anyone have a tips for increasing the battery life?

Advertisement

2. Zebulon

Zebulon Android Enthusiast

The main thing that I have learned is to just turn it off if you won't be using it for a while. I turn mine off at night, and only really leave it on standby if I know I'll be using it again in the next hour or so.

Otherwise, it's just common sense stuff like turning off the wifi/bluetooth if you aren't using it and adjusting the screen brightness. Running a task killer can help, too.

3. jayDInc

jayDInc Newbie

I'm assuming that you mean how to maximize how long you can use the device (or have it in stand-by). If so, in addition to what Zebulon says, turn the screen brightness down as much as you can tolerate.

If you meant that you want the battery to be usable for as many months/years as possible, then you should generally charge it up to about 85% charge or less and recharge it when it gets to around 30%. To keep the battery meter working, you'll need to charge it to 100% and drain it to <5% every so often (some people say once a month).

4. kimkgk

kimkgk Member

I found auto killer memory optimizer very good. So many processes stay active in the for and back ground. Killing what you are not using really seems to help and gives you more ram to boot!

5. newDroid2010

newDroid2010 Newbie

Thanks, ill try all of them. It doesnt seem like I am getting more than 5 hours of use. The other thing I noticed is that when the battery goes down the clock gets reset back to 2008.

6. glg

glg Newbie

newDroid2010 likes this.