1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

gTalk friends list not refreshing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by qii, Apr 29, 2010.

1. qii

qii Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Australia
    It worked perfectly for a week, but today gTalk's friend list stop refreshing (their status stuck). Sync account doesn't fix it, have to restart the phone to see it refreshed, but after a while same problem occured. :thinking:

Any idea? thanks

Advertisement

2. tuatha

tuatha Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    I just started seeing this problem yesterday. Happened again today. Have to sign out and back in again to get it to refresh. Rather annoying.

I'm just testing with a dummy account here and the widget is updating now. Not sure what the problem is. :thinking:

edit2: Just thinking about it and it seems to happen when the program has been running in the background for a couple of hours. Maybe android is suspending the program and then failing to properly reactivate it?

3. qii

qii Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Australia
    I killed it in Tast Manager and restarted it, no luck. Only restart the phone can do it

4. tuatha

tuatha Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    That's weird. I just hit menu, 'more' and click 'sign out' and then when I sign in again it works fine.

5. akyramid

akyramid New Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm also getting the same issue with my Evo. I have to do the sign out and sign in to refresh my buddy list. It is annoying because I might send a chat to someone who looks like they are online but they aren't. Someone fix this!

Tags: