• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gTalk problems... annoying ones.

janpetras

May 24, 2011
~/jan/
So I have this awkward problem with gTalk.
Let's say I talk with someone on gTalk on the mobile. If I open up the laptop or if I'm already online on the laptop and start chatting there then the phone stops buzzing me with new messages. It knows that I'm now on the laptop.

However, this only happens with some contacts, with others, it doesn't matter if I start chatting on the computer, the phone keeps behaving like I receive new messages and continues notifying me for each new incoming line, which is... more than annoying in a conversation.

Anyone knows how can I fix this? How can I make gTalk realize that I'm now chatting with that person on the computer and that it can stop buzzing me?

I know but I don't want to do that each time. I would very much like to understand why it works for some contacts and doesn't for others.

Talking with friend X - I can go to my laptop and continue talking there, and the phone just... shuts up.

Talking with friend Y - No way, both my laptop and my phone are notifying me of incoming messages.

WHY!!!!??? :)))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones