• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Guess on carrier launch dates?

May 1 for t-mobile cause, you know, they're pink!

Allons enfants de la patrie,
Le jour de gloire est arriv?
Contre nous de la tyrannie
L'?tendard sanglant est lev?
Entendez vous dans les campagnes,
Mugir ces f?roces soldats?
Ils viennent jusque dans nos bras
Egorger nos fils, nos compagnes!

Refrain

Aux armes, citoyens!
Formez vos bataillons!
Marchons! Marchons!
Qu'un sang impur
Abreuve nos sillons!
Iz Psykick!

Upvote 0
Why do you need a 64gb one? that is way to much space IMO . isn't 32 enough.

I use the main space for all my game emulators and a lot of games are now well over 1GB. Factor in other data apps pull in and use as well. I use the sd card for music and video.

Nope, 32gb (26GB of actual space) is not enough- especially if you are a gamer and do not want to juggle apps. I also have a 128GB iPad 4. Do not care for depending on cloud storage- especially with travel.

Upvote 0
AT&T will be $250 on contract

Pre-order April 16th

Probably all carriers will have this out first week of May

Samsung Galaxy S 4 heads to AT&T for $250 on contract, pre-orders begin April 16th

If the S3 & Note 2 launch trends are repeated, AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile will probably all launch around the same week. Verizon and prepaid carriers like Metro & US Cellular will probably be delayed a couple weeks from the main group.

I think I saw an article that said the the T-Mobile GS4 will be LTE enabled and be available May 1st. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/26/galaxy-s4-expected-to-launch-on-t-mobile-on-may-1st/

Upvote 0
With the fact that T-Mobile's CEO opened his mouth (when he shouldn't have) about when they will have the S4, you can be sure that the other carriers won't be very far behind. There's no way that the other carriers would give any one of their competitors a chance to have the upper hand. No way.

I figure that the first week of May will be the release date for many of the carriers in the US including T-Mobile and AT&T.

I do have a feeling that when John Legere said that, the other carriers had a collective "oh crap" moment.

Upvote 0
Verizon could care less on who is first (as they have shown in the past). They think their trump card that overrides such concerns is their coverage map. I am serious, since have had several reps tell me this (they do not agree with this, but that is apparently the corporate leadership view).

The further up the leadership chain, the more insulated you are in the bubble. Naysayers at that level are few and far, since they do not want to be kicked out of the bubble.

My guess is early June for VZW. Late May..... maybe.

Upvote 0
my experience is vzw does have the best coverage of all the major carriers. the gap is closing though. and with the expansion of free wireless networks their edge continue to melt away.

i wouldn't switch carriers to get a phone, but that's cause vzw gets pretty much everything at some point. however, it is annoying that vzw seems to take longer than everyone else on new releases.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones