• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Guide] Creating Custom Lockscreens

Upvote 0
would this guide work on the 2.1 ROM's? Like the one just out from Flipz? Or is the lockscreen set up differently there...?

I only ask this because I just tried it, and it freezes on the bootscreen :p

It is based off of the 1.5 ROM. Once I get the Fresh 2.1 on my phone, I'll get it a shot at making them. I would imagine it is a different file being modified than what we are doing now.

Upvote 0
It is based off of the 1.5 ROM. Once I get the Fresh 2.1 on my phone, I'll get it a shot at making them. I would imagine it is a different file being modified than what we are doing now.

That's what I figured since it wouldn't finish loading when I tried. If only I could remember how to get the clear lockscreen for 2.1, I'd be happy ;)

Upvote 0
Go ahead and try doing this, see if it works for you:

Code:
adb remount
adb pull /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk HtcLockScreen.apk
That should put the HtcLockScreen.apk into your sdk tools folder.

Try putting your new lockscreen image in the same folder as in the guide, but just use the apk that you pulled off your phone instead of the one I supplied in the guide.

I haven't tried this yet as I haven't tested Fresh 2.1, so I can't guarantee it will work for you, but it is worth a shot.

Of course, create a nandroid backup before testing this :)

Upvote 0
This can get addicting!

Download here

feb26.png

Download here
linux.png

lockscreen_topedge.png

download here
snap20100226_232047.png

ok last one...
snap20100226_235944.png

Anyway you can re-post or edit these lockscreens with working links? None of the links work. I have been trying to download the android peeing on apple lockscreen since it was posted.

Good Work!

Upvote 0
Scratch what I told you to do tatonka_Hero. This will not work...yet. I ended up flashing the ROM on my lunch break at work. I pulled the apk file, and things are different now. Give me some time to look around and see what I can do about creating them on this new Fresh 2.1 ROM :). I'll let you know.

Haha, sounds good, thanks.

Looks like someone's got a slide sideways to unlock, like Darch's 2.0.1 ROM had....I would LOVE to have that, no idea why I like it so much lol. We'll see what happens in the next few hours :)

Upvote 0
I can't guarantee it will work with Gumbo 2.1 as I haven't tried it yet. It should, but you'll have to test it out. Make a nandroid :) and give it a go.

I just flashed a nandroid from Fresh 2.1 back to DarchDroid 2.1. I was getting terrible battery (went from fully charged to 68% in less than 2 hours). Something was keeping my phone awake and running 100% but nothing was showing up in Spare Parts. No worries, it is probably something I did :). Instead of keeping Fresh 2.1 as it was, I tried to mod it more by removing some of the stock apps that came with it. Who knows what I did, lol.

Anyways, good luck with Gumbo :)

Upvote 0
I can't guarantee it will work with Gumbo 2.1 as I haven't tried it yet. It should, but you'll have to test it out. Make a nandroid :) and give it a go.

I just flashed a nandroid from Fresh 2.1 back to DarchDroid 2.1. I was getting terrible battery (went from fully charged to 68% in less than 2 hours). Something was keeping my phone awake and running 100% but nothing was showing up in Spare Parts. No worries, it is probably something I did :). Instead of keeping Fresh 2.1 as it was, I tried to mod it more by removing some of the stock apps that came with it. Who knows what I did, lol.

Anyways, good luck with Gumbo :)

I just flashed Gumbo over Fresh, no wipe (no idea whether that's supposed to work or not). It certainly seems a lot snappier. The lockscreen also worked great.

As for poor battery life with Fresh, I had that too the first few hours. Then I rebooted, charged back up, and was getting good battery life again. I unplugged it at about 9:30am, and by 3:30am, was only down to 94% (hadn't used it a bit). That's not too bad at all I'd say, 1% per hour on idle...we'll see how Gumbo does now lol

Upvote 0
Hey, I was trying to DL the lockscreen.apk, but it's not working. I put in the security letters, and when I press the button to dl. it just goes back to the first screen...
Any ideas?

try the 2nd link (the one that says "for people having troubles"). I can confirm the issue with the first link, using chrome. 2nd link (mediafire) works though

Upvote 0
For those with the following error:

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Follow these steps here:

To do this in Vista/Windows 7:
1. Right click on My Computer - choose Properties.
2. To the left hand side, select Advanced System Settings
3. A screen will pop up, choose Environment Variables.
4. Another box with appear, for "User Variables for *username* -- Find PATH and choose Edit, then at END of Variable Value, enter the path of your Java installation is.
EXAMPLE: ;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin

Do the same for System Variables, Find PATH, choose edit and again at the END of Variable Value, enter the path of your Java installation.
EXAMPLE: ;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin

Thanks to this thread:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [GUIDE] How to customize a ROM

I even recooked an existing ROM and added Defresh to it, an Icon pack and the Sprint apps I want...sweet!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones