• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] CWM Advanced Recovery To Stock/Bloated ZVD

Sorry guys but only 1 last off-topic post here LoL.

yea my 4G was cut off by 2X Battery but now that i will be using this app to talk to quite a bit of members on here... IF more people get on and actually use it LoL... i will have to turn 2X off or delete it completely. Should be all good now though. LoL now it shows YOU offline.

but once u turn on ur phone ur messages will go thru pretty quick even if it shows anyone offline u still could send message

Upvote 0
No, yoy do NOT need to register the Skin.dll file. What you need to do is cut the Skin.dll file from wherever it is currently then go to "Start", "Computer", navigate to primary drive of the computer(9/10 times this will be C drive). Once there select the folder that has "LG" in its name(Cant Remember Exact Name). Navigate through THAT folder until you find a file already named Skin.dll and then paste the Skin.dll file that you DOWNLOADED over the Skin.dll file in the folder you just navigated to through Windows Explorer. It will ask if you want to "Move & Keep Both", "Move & Replace", or "Don't Move". Select "Move & Replace".

Doesnt my picture explain it very well?
It was self explanatory
I thought so :(

Reactions: gbiggie
Upvote 0
Quick question, kind of off topic.

Is it worth upgrading to zvd from zvb now, or is it better to wait on upgrading until more is done with ZVD

Seems like we have an LG engineer lurking around this forum. Quite a few of the tweaks that were developed on here seem.to be incorporated in this update . The main ones being screen responsiveness..free RAM at boot. Its really smooth!
Extremely bloated with the new Google play/market..buy hey that's what root is for=deleted.
Still tweaking it out though..AnyCut..autoruns..ect.
+1 for sure + ROMS are very near;):cool::thumbup:

Reactions: JETMAKERO
Upvote 0
No, yoy do NOT need to register the Skin.dll file. What you need to do is cut the Skin.dll file from wherever it is currently then go to "Start", "Computer", navigate to primary drive of the computer(9/10 times this will be C drive). Once there select the folder that has "LG" in its name(Cant Remember Exact Name). Navigate through THAT folder until you find a file already named Skin.dll and then paste the Skin.dll file that you DOWNLOADED over the Skin.dll file in the folder you just navigated to through Windows Explorer. It will ask if you want to "Move & Keep Both", "Move & Replace", or "Don't Move". Select "Move & Replace".

Ok let us start over from Step 6.!! I register thr vs910 now what??

Upvote 0
Continue on..read the guide and follow step by step(no shortcuts)..will be up for a little longer if ya get stuck..rock it out:thumbup:

I Follow ever step Step by Step, and now i'm at Step 10. And when i go to open the LGNPST_CT it say "FAIL TO LOAD THE SKIN.DLL"

I'm so close... Want to know what i did wrong I Download everything
LGNPST (Zippped)
ToT/Bin
VS910.dll
Skin.dll
and follow the steps after that. I Cutand Paste the VS910.DLL to the desktop, Extract the ms910ZVB And Extra and install the LGNST.ZIP In that same order.
REGISTERED The VS910.DLL File.
*STEP 8:It got a little confusing but did it or is it because i got a wrong SKIN.DLL. I got a random one online and Copy and Replace the one that was in the LG Files\LGNPST folder and than Reboot my compputer and now i'm stuck at Step 10 :( HELP>!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I THINK I GOT IT TO WORK BUT THIS IS HOW IT LOOKS WHEN IT STARTS UP.
I don't really think that's how it suppose to look like.

Attachments

• IMG008.jpg
    IMG008.jpg
    917.9 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
So, this guy name gbiggie from up Norht and one of the Big Players in The LG Esteem and other Phone Forums, GUESS WHAT HE JUST DID??

Well he just help me out Big Time Downgrading from D to C with him being Patient and a Pro at TeamViewer :). It took us a little over 1hr 15minutes but that's cause i didn't follow the guide to a ''T'' :/ and we had to Uninstall and Re-Download the LGNPST File.

Anyways now back on ZVB:) AND now going to be chilling on B for the next day or too until i re-update to D and Root it and Make Sufficient back up for it. Or it could be Earlier that's if LG-D Source are out and PlayfylGod and Mt and Idrifta and all the other DEV'S Out there start rolling out ROM's and More Theme Out for the New Version of MS910ZVD :).......................Thanks To gbiggie :)

Upvote 0
So, this guy name gbiggie from up Norht and one of the Big Players in The LG Esteem and other Phone Forums, GUESS WHAT HE JUST DID??

Well he just help me out Big Time Downgrading from D to C with him being Patient and a Pro at TeamViewer :). It took us a little over 1hr 15minutes but that's cause i didn't follow the guide to a ''T'' :/ and we had to Uninstall and Re-Download the LGNPST File.

Anyways now back on ZVB:) AND now going to be chilling on B for the next day or too until i re-update to D and Root it and Make Sufficient back up for it. Or it could be Earlier that's if LG-D Source are out and PlayfylGod and Mt and Idrifta and all the other DEV'S Out there start rolling out ROM's and More Theme Out for the New Version of MS910ZVD :).......................Thanks To gbiggie :)

Great group of guys in this forum specially guys like gbiggie nice to hear your sucess story.

Reactions: JETMAKERO
Upvote 0
Yup, when I spent an hour on the phone with Chess 2 nights ago for 3 hours getting him away from Emergency Mode Screen("Download as Is In Progress"), and got him rooted, CWMd, and ROMd I suggested him to either me, biggie, or pnut. Those are the 3 problem guys that I can think if immediately.sorry if I have forgotten anyone else though.

Reactions: mrpnut
Upvote 0
Ok step by step from what I did and my problems
made a back up to external

Removed external SD card, sent my self an email with all links provided in the word document "ADV CWM D", downloaded all 6 files with dolphin browser as gibbies stated to me last night,

it does not say to move them to another folder in the write up or in this forum, so i didnt, in cwm i went to advanced restore from Internal sd. return message was couldnt find files, kicked it self out.

so i made another backup to the internal replaced all items in the folder with the ones i downloaded from "ADV CWM D", I get a mismatch md5,

took all the items out of the folder, and put them in directly in clockworkmod/backup
cant find the files.

nothing I seem to do seems to work anyone can give any input on the step to have it see the files and not kick out after md5 check?

Upvote 0
Ok step by step from what I did and my problems
made a back up to external

Removed external SD card, sent my self an email with all links provided in the word document "ADV CWM D", downloaded all 6 files with dolphin browser as gibbies stated to me last night,

it does not say to move them to another folder in the write up or in this forum, so i didnt, in cwm i went to advanced restore from Internal sd. return message was couldnt find files, kicked it self out.

so i made another backup to the internal replaced all items in the folder with the ones i downloaded from "ADV CWM D", I get a mismatch md5,

took all the items out of the folder, and put them in directly in clockworkmod/backup
cant find the files.

nothing I seem to do seems to work anyone can give any input on the step to have it see the files and not kick out after md5 check?

Wipes EYES:eek::rolleyes:
Will call ya after a cup of coffee;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones