• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[GUIDE] [FIXES BOTH: ICS & JB] ~~~ Phantom menu keypress EASY FIX!!! ~~~

Does anybody have a fix for the phantom search button keypress? I don't have the menu button doing it but my search does and is getting worse. How long is the warranty with Boost on these for a replacement anyway? I looked on their site and can't find anything.

The process is almost the same, Instead of disabling the menu you just put in the changes to disable the search one without remapping it to anything as you can just drop the search icon to your home screen if you use search often.

Reactions: Doc
Upvote 0
The OP put a lot of work into this. So thanks for that.

Warning -- Frustrated Galaxy Owner rant ahead --

But what I do not see is much response from people saying it actualy worked for them :thinking:

Also, I wouldn't call this a "Fix". Maybe a "Workaround" at best.

I have this problem with my NON ROOTED S2 and I have never rooted a phone. So this is anything BUT "easy" for me.

Samsung has lost my business over this. The menu button obliterates my ability to use the phone. The menu will pop up and down constantly and I end up giving up many times because it is simply impossible to use the phone. It's madness.

I used to wonder why there were so many of these on ebay with cracked screens. NOW I KNOW!
Horrible product. Horrible engineering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones