• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] FLASH PLAYER, ya you heard me right!!

Yeah, but this entangled with the recent 3g perl 20 update makes me feel good about my phone all over again =-) Maybe we will get lucky and catch the next update. I tried to update through blackmart but after it downloads it immediately reboots when it says installing. Maybe I will try to uninstall it and install the newer one, worse case scenario is just going back to this one. Im still curious about the metro update for our phones w/ reboot issues. I want to update but dont want 2.2.1 or whatever it might do.....

Upvote 0
Yeah, but this entangled with the recent 3g perl 20 update makes me feel good about my phone all over again =-) Maybe we will get lucky and catch the next update. I tried to update through blackmart but after it downloads it immediately reboots when it says installing. Maybe I will try to uninstall it and install the newer one, worse case scenario is just going back to this one. Im still curious about the metro update for our phones w/ reboot issues. I want to update but dont want 2.2.1 or whatever it might do.....
The metro update is just a crappy 2.2.2 build, If you running flash your running one of the 2.3.5 cm7 builds, the metro update would be a downgrade for you.

I hate everything about this new 3g BS, I live in one of the newer markets, can't flash phones to metro, stuck with their crappy choices, closest 4g coverage is somewhere I never go. And there hasn't been a scrap of 3g opened up in my entire state. Metro is a joke, wish I could afford to stay with sprint...

Upvote 0
LG Optimus M Software Upgrade | MetroPCS

I should of actually looked at the update site lol It claims its not an android update, says you still remain 2.2. I plugged my phone in started letting it analyze and freaked out realizing i should do a back up first. Unplugged it and restarted in quick recovery but it just says error xxxx.sh or some crap when i hit nand backup. O well.

Upvote 0
Yeah that was a terrible idea. I went ahead with the update without making a backup, first thing i noticed on bootup was rom zeros honeycomb ntro was gone and it was metro pcs. Now the phone is just hung up on the andriod boot screen and doesnt boot. To top it off the custom recovery is now gone so i cant boot into to even restore my old school backups..... NOT GOOD!

Upvote 0
Yeah that was a terrible idea. I went ahead with the update without making a backup, first thing i noticed on bootup was rom zeros honeycomb ntro was gone and it was metro pcs. Now the phone is just hung up on the andriod boot screen and doesnt boot. To top it off the custom recovery is now gone so i cant boot into to even restore my old school backups..... NOT GOOD!
It hits the android screen and passes the lg screen?

Upvote 0
Yes I got it to boot now after pulling the battery from it hanging 2x. THEY NEGLECT TO TELL YOU YOU LOSE F****** EVERYTHING!
Oh man that sucks. At least you got it to boot...

Always back up your SD when messing around, I know it's kinda late for that, lol, but it usually takes one time of losing everything to hammer that home.

Upvote 0
Back on topic lol flash works but is there a certain browser better in handling flash? My issue is browsers force closing constantly. So far I have only tried Dolphin hd and stock. Wiping the dalvik cache made a difference for the most part but after awhile it is right back to fc. Also its out of place but is the kernel included with reppards cm7 the same as the anyrom? Basically is it meant for a stock 2.2.1? And what is the new governer?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones