• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[GUIDE] Getting the Built-In WiFi-AP ( Wireless Tether ) Working ( root not required ) 7/20/12

This was the ONE big problem with buying this phone on Ting. I did this with two Marquees on Ting Mobile refurb edition (says Boost but has Sprint software.) Worked perfectly.

One of my Marquees is rooted with CTMod rom. The other is stock ZVC Sprint not rooted. Both work perfectly exactly as in this howto. Thanks again.

If I'd known this I might not have gone to all the hair pulling 23-step root process. Although I am hoping to eventually get some JB based rom on this phone - that would be pretty amazing.

Upvote 0
I couldn't see the hotspot option on my lg phone is it because of the megatron rom?

Nope, I just put Megatron on a marquee for a friend of mine.

Just download Hotspot Widget and place the widget on your home screen and toggle it to on.

It may take a few seconds to activate but when it does you will see a notification that will allow you to set up the ssid and password etc

Quite a few people have said something about an additional step involving the hidden menu... but I have never had to do it to get the widget to work :)

Upvote 0
I couldn't see the hotspot option on my lg phone is it because of the megatron rom?

Nope, I just put Megatron on a marquee for a friend of mine.

Just download Hotspot Widget and place the widget on your home screen and toggle it to on.

It may take a few seconds to activate but when it does you will see a notification that will allow you to set up the ssid and password etc

Quite a few people have said something about an additional step involving the hidden menu... but I have never had to do it to get the widget to work :)

I have to enter the hidden menu with my phone in order to activate the hot spot. I posted the steps on how you do it if needed.

This is a link to that post.

http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...tron-6-1-1-updated-2-18-13-a.html#post5545525

Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0
I've installed the LauncherPro, which got me the hidden menu. After I click that and change the setting, I use the HotSpot widget. I wait a while, still nothing. I check the regular settings menu, and it doesn't show as enabled/running.

Anything else I should try or additional information I should provide?

Sent from my LG-LS855 (CTMod) using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Wet -

Are you available to address my concerns above?

I'm on Sprint.

Thanks! :)

Sent from my LG-LS855 using Tapatalk 2

Instead of using the launcher, download and use this version of the AnyCut app.

It's open and free.... that's the reason I'm sharing it here. ;)
Any_Cut_1.0.rar

Create a hidden menu shortcut just like you would with the launcher. Also, if you're using the Sprint version of the ROM, should it not already have the hotspot settings in the settings menu???

In Dunai, make sure that you DISABLE THE MODEM. I know it's ass backwards but that's what needs to be done. Also, keep in mind that if you reboot, it will reset and you'll have to go in and disable the modem in Dunai AGAIN!

You can still use the Hotspot Widget too. Give that a try and report back. I'll see if I can walk you through the process. Give me a few hrs to check back. I'm gonna be watching a movie w/ the wife. :)

GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply! Sorry it took me so long to respond back. For some reason I never got the push notification. :(

Yes, my phone has the hotspot in the menu, but it appears to be as (dis) functional as the shortcuts or widgets. I'll give it another go later tonight (also with the anycut) you linked, and let you know when I have an update.

Thanks again! :)

P.S. - Hope you enjoyed the movie! :)

Upvote 0
Okay. Got it working. I had already installed AnyCut 1.0 from the internet, which is what I had used previously to disable the Dun Nai, so I didn't download yours. Thanks for the link, though! I'll keep the reference in case I reset this phone (or Blood makes an update!).

For whatever reason all I did this time (which I'd tried a few times before) was disable Dun from AnyCut, then enable tether through built in menu. Then it worked!

SO glad! Now whenever the internet goes out (not often), I'll be able to continue working from home and not have to get dressed up to go into the office. :)

Thanks again for the guide and all your help!

- FezzikJr

Upvote 0
Okay. Got it working. I had already installed AnyCut 1.0 from the internet, which is what I had used previously to disable the Dun Nai, so I didn't download yours. Thanks for the link, though! I'll keep the reference in case I reset this phone (or Blood makes an update!).

For whatever reason all I did this time (which I'd tried a few times before) was disable Dun from AnyCut, then enable tether through built in menu. Then it worked!

SO glad! Now whenever the internet goes out (not often), I'll be able to continue working from home and not have to get dressed up to go into the office. :)

Thanks again for the guide and all your help!

- FezzikJr

Good!!! Glad you got it working!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones