• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] How To Restore Service If You've Lost Your MEID

I wrote a guide on fixing your number on my old account that was banned. The guide is not 100% perfect and I can no longer edit it, read all of the posts in the thread for more info:

http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...store-service-my-phone-000-000-xxxx-help.html

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I've had my phone completely zeroed out a few times so I'm pretty much pro at this process, it's not too bad if you made it this far you will definitely be able to figure it out.

I'd take ya up on the beer, but being a broke ass Michigan resident I see no time in the near future when I could afford to hang out in south Florida, lol.

I didn't relize that was you...what happened to your account?

Upvote 0
Lol...good to kno ur still here

I'm trying to be good here now, and I am pretty sure the mods have figured out who I am, so I don't expect to be banned again. 2 accounts was enough, I lost a bunch of good info in my personal messages, I can't fix my OP in the MEID tutorial, and I lost all them thanks for the flashplayer tut, heh...

I just gotta try and click that report button instead of telling people why they are being an ass, lol.

Upvote 0
After I type in my esn and meid, it still doesn't work. I keep getting the same error everyone else is getting but only with these two. My phone still has no service and everything is listed as "unknown" on my phone status.

The esn command will not work, skip it and just do the MEID one, if your in QXDM and it's letting you enter console commands your definitely writing to the phone, do this whole tut over and skip just the write esn line, this should get you a MEID, service will still need more programming probably.

Upvote 0
Usually not on this site I mostly use XDA :p

I don't understand where to enter these console commands, or how to confirm whether it's accepting them. The command tab doesn't exist, just a command box at the bottom of the qxdm window. QPST recognizes my phone on com 1, and my settings are the same for QXDM, but I'm unable to figure out where I should be entering the commands, and seeing the dialog the phone returns back after executing a command. Can anyone help ? Screenshots would be a plus. QXDM Loads by default with "REX Core Dump" in the "view" dropdown menu. If it matters, I'm running Win 7 x64.

Upvote 0
hey hope this helps get dfs from cdmatools.com its a free demo.

step 1. download the program. its free to sign up.
step 2 install it.
step 3 open the dfs
step 4 click on ports on the left. select your phone. you get the port number from device manager but should also show up in this list. and click on spc
step 5. click on programming
step 6. the click on read under esn change it to what ever
step 7. the same meid change it to what ever and click write on both tabs
step 8 and then click reset and you should be good to go..

hope this hellps

Upvote 0
So I was once again tinkering with my LG Optimus M, mind you the new one I got after screwing the other one up. I was trying to Flash Custom recovery when, BOOM!! my phone reboots and hangs at the logo screen. I could not get my phone to soft reboot with the little android man, noir would my computer recongnize my USB. I finally put it into S/W Upgrade mode, just so my computer could recognize my USB and I could then use LGNSPT in emergencey mode. I did just that and wouldn't ya know it? I am all zeroed out with noooooo service !! I sat there for a few thinking of how creative of a lie I could tell my local Metro. I THEN GOT THE CRAzY IDEA TO ACTUALLY READ THE HELP FILE THAT I DOWNLOADED WITH LGNSPT!
When ever you use the Emergency Mode of LGNSPT your phone automatically creates a backup file of your phone complete
with ESN, MIN, etc... like a mini pic of your phone before
you did whatever to screw it up. If you are Zeroed out,
in LGNSPT click on the Tab that Says DATA RECOVERY
and find the file thats says MS690_Com9nvs or whatever type of phone you have. It should basically look like what I just typed above and end in nvs. If you glide over it you will see its time stamped to reflect when you went into emergencey mode. Load that file click start and you will 4 sure have service again!!!. I don't know why I didnt do this in the first place.
Look in your phone log if you can't find it right off hand.:D:eek:

Sorry for the lack of punctuation. Its been a long night.

Upvote 0
So I was once again tinkering with my LG Optimus M, mind you the new one I got after screwing the other one up. I was trying to Flash Custom recovery when, BOOM!! my phone reboots and hangs at the logo screen. I could not get my phone to soft reboot with the little android man, noir would my computer recongnize my USB. I finally put it into S/W Upgrade mode, just so my computer could recognize my USB and I could then use LGNSPT in emergencey mode. I did just that and wouldn't ya know it? I am all zeroed out with noooooo service !! I sat there for a few thinking of how creative of a lie I could tell my local Metro. I THEN GOT THE CRAzY IDEA TO ACTUALLY READ THE HELP FILE THAT I DOWNLOADED WITH LGNSPT!
When ever you use the Emergency Mode of LGNSPT your phone automatically creates a backup file of your phone complete
with ESN, MIN, etc... like a mini pic of your phone before
you did whatever to screw it up. If you are Zeroed out,
in LGNSPT click on the Tab that Says DATA RECOVERY
and find the file thats says MS690_Com9nvs or whatever type of phone you have. It should basically look like what I just typed above and end in nvs. If you glide over it you will see its time stamped to reflect when you went into emergencey mode. Load that file click start and you will 4 sure have service again!!!. I don't know why I didnt do this in the first place.
Look in your phone log if you can't find it right off hand.:D:eek:

Sorry for the lack of punctuation. Its been a long night.

Nice find man.

Reactions: Brickey
Upvote 0
Im telling you guys this works. There is no need to go through all the steps above using QPST, QXDM. LGNSPT has it's own Unbrick tool. :D
You just gotta do data recovery if your Zeroed out of whatever.
I will be providing screen shots. It's a pretty simple procedure. If your phone was working perfectly fine before you tried to Root or Flash and your hung at the Logo screen try this. The only thing is that your computer has to be able to read The USB. More than likely if your hung
at the logo screen it wont. You MUST boot the phone into S/W upgrade mode. Your gonna be get Zeroed out, no doubt about it if you Flash in emergency mode. Follow the steps I listed above to restore data to your phone. Let me know if it works!!:p
If you where rooted before you bricked then you will still be rooted once you
do data recovery. In a nutshell, LGNSPT has it's own Nandroid back up and recovery

Upvote 0
Rom manager victim due to ignorance!! Got it back with no service and QPST don't see my phone...neither does LGNPST any longer. Re-installed drivers but nothing changed. QPST shows 1 client Server running, Com1 enabled No Phone, com 2 waiting N/A. And the wife took my phone....I'm looking for work and without a phone is really hard, jajajaja I should not laugh about it! Any help will be great. Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
The good news...QPST sees the phone now! but now QXDM gives me a "license not valid for this msm, Contact tech support MAC:00-14-D1-22-OE-C7" I know you are knowledgeable because all your info got me this far so please help me finish it. Thanks again to all you, specialli to darnell

uninstall QXDM, then google it and reinstall from the first link.

Reactions: victor e
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones