1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [GUIDE] How to root T-Mobile 6.0 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TMacgnolia, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Itzerologic

Itzerologic Newbie
    None

Nov 3, 2015
    Thanks this guide is really helpfull, only thing was on my end I couldn't use adb command to flash the recovery.img besides that it worked great.

Advertisement

Blu8 likes this.
  2. xyourxhighnessx

xyourxhighnessx Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 28, 2015
    Look into installing wake lock detector. Or make sure that com.tmobile.pr.adapt is frozen.

If you simply just deny su permission it wont stop it from constantly asking (and getting rejected) su permission in the su logs.

I froze it and battery life instantly improved. I havent seen a big boost in s.o.t. compared to 5.1.1. But standby is even better.

Other options are to underclock the cpu (useful imo if you'll only be using your device for simple things like you would if at work...ie you may send a text or make a call. Add something to your calandar etc but you wont need the extra juice like you're playing a game/streaming content ..have multiple apps running at once etc)

Itzerologic likes this.
  3. xyourxhighnessx

xyourxhighnessx Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 28, 2015
    Best battery life i got so far on 6.0 was 17 and a half hours since previous charge to full and only lost about 25 percent bof the battery. That was on a workday with light/moderate use.

If i sit down and have the brightness up...playing games...running multiple apps etc i can make it tank much More rapidly. It all comes down to use. Clearing recent apps helps cut back on background cpu usage.

Also when connected to wifi for a long period of time (ie when you get to work if you have wifi there) or when you get home consider manually turning off mobile data.

Theres also build prop tweaks to limit how often wifi scans for new networks nearby etc.

Sync always on and gps always on also kills battery extremely fast. Best to have gps on only when you need it and to manually switch on sync for a couple mins at a time throughout the day rather than let it eat battery as its constantly combing your apps looking to bring you updates etc

Itzerologic likes this.
  4. ScarletRooter

ScarletRooter Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    I know this is in a different forum, but how do you update to 6.0 if you're on metroPCS? There hasn't been a 6.0 update yet

5. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2015
    You really have to comb through this entire section, peruse the thread titles at least. Try both the regular and root sections.

6. ScarletRooter

None

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Oi, that's allot of work! Someone should sticky it if I find it!

7. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2015
    It's really not, it's one of the more recent threads. When you find it hit that report button and ask for it to be stickied, I tried before but I guess the mods didn't see it.

8. ScarletRooter

None

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Wait, do I have to flash the Tmobile 6.0 update.zip? I've gotten that from a video and I'm not quite sure. They're exactly the same but different carriers! Is it safe to do that?

9. DMedina559

DMedina559 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 9, 2012
    Male
    Android Enthusiast
    California
    Follow this to the word. It worked on my metro stylo

tube517 likes this.
  10. ScarletRooter

None

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    I was just there! Thanks for the link! But I'm concerned because I'm running MS63110j and the thread says to download MS63110i. Is flashing the MS63110i safe to flash over 110j? Sorry, I just want to be really cautious about what I'm doing

11. DMedina559

DMedina559 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 9, 2012
    Male
    Android Enthusiast
    California
    It really doesn't matter because you're flashing the T-Mobile kdz

#186 DMedina559, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    ScarletRooter likes this.
  12. ScarletRooter

None

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Alright I'll do it then! Wish me luck :p

13. gggirlgeek

gggirlgeek Newbie
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Seattle
    Kingroot would do nothing for me with Android 6.0 (LG boot loop every time.) This method worked great. I flashed SuperSU instead of using Kingroot.

14. AP2FTW

AP2FTW Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 24, 2012
    i assume you were able to just flash the ll kdz to downgrade? curious to know because metro finally got the mm update, but it would be nice to know that i wont have a problem downgrading if im not happy with it

15. DB225

DB225 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    Metro just got the 6.0 update. when trying to unlock the bootloader, I keep getting fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command. Any one have any suggestions of whats going on?

I have the drivers installed. could it be a windows 10 issue?

16. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2015
    Windows 10 shouldn't be the issue that's what I used to root mine and use fastboot and everything.

tube517 likes this.
  17. DB225

DB225 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    Wish someone would come up with a one click root. would make it easier. This method just doesn't seem to want to work for me for this phone. I've enver had this problem before.

18. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    USA
    I think you posted you figured it out in another thread but my drivers weren't updated when I had a similar issue. In Windows 10 my laptop wouldn't continue with the process until all my drivers were updated. Not sure why but once they updated, I was good.

viperdink likes this.
  19. RikuAzhurlar

RikuAzhurlar Lurker
    None

Mar 1, 2016
    Male
    toledo
    no probably not. did you install the android platform tools (and add them ot your path) or minimal adb and fastboot? if not its not there. id recomend the minimal adb fastboot. adds a shortcut to your desktop and start menu and opens a cmd in the folder it created with adb and fastboot.

20. DB225

DB225 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    yeah I found my problem last night. adb was installed but fastboot wasn't installed. I don't know why it didn't install the first time around. All good now.:)

21. drjohn007

drjohn007 Lurker
    None

May 14, 2016
    Male
    I used KingRoot, my lgstylo soft bricked two days later, it was tricky to re-flash kdz file, because i had to take the battery out, and put it back in, while holding the up volume key etc, but it is doable, and now I am back to marshmallow 6.0. I am looking for a stable root now, is there one?

22. AP2FTW

None

Nov 24, 2012
    use the root method in the first post of this thread

i have a question for tmac or whoever might be able to answer...i could swear that when i read this post a while back, there was a way to root mm without using kingroot...is that still possible? can i just use the steps in the first post and skip step 6-1 to avoid using kingroot?

23. ghet2rockuu

ghet2rockuu Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 25, 2012
    What you need:
    1. A computer running Linux or Windows with adb and fastboot installed. (I used Ubuntu)

2. If you are using Windows you need all the drivers for your device installed. Linux users will not have to worry about this.

3. A functioning USB cable for your device.

4. Battery charged at least 50% just for safety.

5. The TWRP revovery.img, this is the same TWRP recovery we already have for the LG G Stylo I have just renamed it to recovery.img to make it easier to type the name in while typing fastboot commands.

6. The SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141550.zip by Chainfire. (All credit to Chainfire for this awesome zip.)

How to root your device:

1. I suggest you first go to Settings/General/About Phone/Software info and tap on the "Build number" until it says"You are now a developer". Then back out of until you are in Settings/General and go to "Developer options" and turn "Enable OEM unlock" on. This is to allow TWRP recovery to be able to boot. Also turn on "USB debugging" while you are there.

2. Download the SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141550.zip to your device. You need to move the zip file from your Downloads folder to somewhere on your external SD card as it will not be deleted from there when you use the "fastboot oem unlock" command in step #6.

3. Download the recovery.img to your computer. If you do not have adb and fastboot setup globally for linux or in your path for windows you need to move the recovery.img to the directory your adb and fastboot is in and open a terminal or command line (depending on your OS) in that directory or cd to that directory. If you do have adb and fastboot globally or in your path you can just open a terminal or command line in the directory you have the recovery.img or cd to the directory you have the recovery.img.

4. Once you have the terminal or command line open run the command "adb devices" to make sure your devices is detected by adb. You may get a toast pop up on your device asking if you to "Allow usb debugging". Except this as this is the RSA key you need to allow your computer to communicate with your device via adb. You should see something like "LGH631dffacad9 device" in your terminal or command line. If you see "unauthorized" instead of "device" you have not excepted the RSA key.

5.Now type the following command in your terminal or command line. Type "adb reboot bootloader". This will reboot your device to fastboot mode. Once in fastboot mode use the "fastboot devices" to make sure your device is recognized by fastboot. You should see something like "dffacad9 fastboot". If you are in Linux and get a error message you may have to use "sudo fastboot devices" for fastboot to work. (If you are using Windows and are having trouble with fastboot recognizing your device you need to install the device drivers using. If it still does not work install the drivers again with your device connected to your computer in fastboot mode.)

6. To fully unlock your bootloader you have to use the command "fastboot oem unlock". You have to do this or this root method will not work. But be warned that if you do use this command it will factory reset your device. Plus you will get a line of text saying the bootloader is unlocked on the splash screen when you boot your device.

king root is easier why go though all this for ? just delete kingrooot after dude . u do need to unlock the bootloader either way with or with out kingroot

tube517 likes this.
  24. AP2FTW

None

Nov 24, 2012
    but you have to do all that just to unlock the bootloader, you didnt even get to the step where you use fastboot to boot into twrp and then flash supersu? i would just rather do it manually then install kingroot because of have always heard not so great things about it...

25. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    USA
    I' ve done it both ways and i prefer using the ADB method. It seems more stable in the end . Kingroot is't bad but I don't care for needlessly sharing personal info.

tube517 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!
Tags: