• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Guide] How to root the Wildfire S with S-ON

Looks like you will have to root it again mate...
But your phone is S-OFF and it's a MarvelC.This guide is not the right one for you. This is ONLY for Marvel phones. The procedure for MarvelC phones is completely different.
This is the right guide for ya. As far as I know there is not need to unlock the bootloader. Although it is possible, this guide is much simpler. MarvelC phones thend to give problems while unlocking
[Tutorial] How to root CDMA wildfire s and s-off and other great tutorials - xda-developers

Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0
4A. First, download the HTC SuperTool v3 by frigid at xda-developers and don't forget to hit the thanks button on his thread! Be sure to get version 3, not 2! (Direct download here.)
Cafekampuchia, The direct link does not seem to be working anymore. It says file does not exist

edit: This is now the direct link
http://goo.im/apps/frigid/htcsupertoolv3.rar

edit2: I am currently facing a problem flashing clockworkmod recovery. Cafe, in one of your previous posts, you mentioned the following:
Are you talking about 5.0.2.8? If so, use the installer for 5.0.2.6--it works fine. I was running 5.0.2.6 until today.

If that works, try upgrading to 5.0.2.8 using fastboot.
But when I go to the lsit, there are so many 5.0.2.6 versions, I'm not too sure which one would be the right one. You would do me a huge favour if you could let me know which one exactly would work for WFS.

According to XDA, quite a few WFS phones are having this problem and it seems that there is no solution as of yet :( Hope there is another way around this

Thanks in advance!

Lol...I feel like I'm the only one around here at this time I just keep on editing my post as no one else wants to post after me!

Upvote 0
hey CafeKampuchia well i guess ur current fav ROM is HTC sense 3.5 but sumthings really wrong with it.. something strange happened a few minutes back... i was using the phone... it was on low batt.. and it powered down... it was all normal till here... but now when i put it on charge and then trying to reboot it, it just goes from HTC wilfire s animation screen to beats audio screen in a loop... dunno wots happening.... ididnt even take a recent backup... please help....

Upvote 0
hey CafeKampuchia well i guess ur current fav ROM is HTC sense 3.5 but sumthings really wrong with it.. something strange happened a few minutes back... i was using the phone... it was on low batt.. and it powered down... it was all normal till here... but now when i put it on charge and then trying to reboot it, it just goes from HTC wilfire s animation screen to beats audio screen in a loop... dunno wots happening.... ididnt even take a recent backup... please help....
Haaa yes...the famous bootloop...I had the same problem. That's because the phone can't handle it. There is a way around it and Cafekampuchia mentioned it in one of the posts but I don't remember which one. I'll check it out and let you know
here it is Post No 195 I think
These ROMs use overclocked kernel and your phone can't handle the full 806 mhz. I don't know what kernel jxmatteo is using, but if you are running m1ndh4x8r's EQDKP Sense 3.5 then you can flash this script to keep it from overclocking at boot. That should stop the reboots.
If you're not sure on how to flash it, the instructions are on post 202 (Page 5 I think)

Reactions: jairaj
Upvote 0
Haaa yes...the famous bootloop...I had the same problem. That's because the phone can't handle it. There is a way around it and Cafekampuchia mentioned it in one of the posts but I don't remember which one. I'll check it out and let you know
here it is Post No 195 I think

If you're not sure on how to flash it, the instructions are on post 202 (Page 5 I think)
Thanxx man...... i got so freaked out last night... i didnt even take backups.....
so i just flash this file like the way i flash any zip file.. right??

Upvote 0
I think so. Just have a look at the instructions Cafe gave. It's pretty straight forward. It worked for him so I guess it should work for you.
BTW the dev of the ROM is now on AF as well and he has posted a more updated version of the rom. Here is his thread if you want to check it out
http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s...x-base-oc-kernel-m1ndh4x8r-mod-5-21-12-a.html
I think he said he managed to fix the bootloop problem in this version

Upvote 0
I think so. Just have a look at the instructions Cafe gave. It's pretty straight forward. It worked for him so I guess it should work for you.
BTW the dev of the ROM is now on AF as well and he has posted a more updated version of the rom. Here is his thread if you want to check it out
http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s...x-base-oc-kernel-m1ndh4x8r-mod-5-21-12-a.html
I think he said he managed to fix the bootloop problem in this version
i really cant see those instructions.... which post r u talking about??? :(

Upvote 0
Here you go:
1. Download the script and put it on your SD card.
2. Start the phone into bootloader and run CWM Recovery.
3. Install the zip file for the script
It actually is just like you mentioned. Just flash it. That's it. He also recommends that you download No frills CPU after the flashing to avoid the problem from happening again

Upvote 0
Here you go:

It actually is just like you mentioned. Just flash it. That's it. He also recommends that you download No frills CPU after the flashing to avoid the problem from happening again
trouble again.... i did as told but its still happening... its still going in the loop.... i flashed the zip.. it told that frequencies are back to normal... 600~120.. but still the devil persists...

Upvote 0
trouble again.... i did as told but its still happening... its still going in the loop.... i flashed the zip.. it told that frequencies are back to normal... 600~120.. but still the devil persists...
OK...When I first installed the ROM I had the same problem and Cafekampuchia had told me to flash that file which I did. I, like you, had the same problem still. Didn't work for some reason. So I suggest you either wait for Cafekampuchi to come back and guide you, or flash a different ROM entirely, which is what I did :D

Upvote 0
OK...When I first installed the ROM I had the same problem and Cafekampuchia had told me to flash that file which I did. I, like you, had the same problem still. Didn't work for some reason. So I suggest you either wait for Cafekampuchi to come back and guide you, or flash a different ROM entirely, which is what I did :D
okhay.... i guess i'll wait... coz i dont have any backups...

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it's possible to have dual boot. And even if you did, I don't think your internal memory would allow it. There isn't that much internal memory to begin with and if you want 2 roms on it, I doubt you'll be able to install anything else after that.
As for Cyanogen, I suggest you get Alquez's unofficial Cyanogen (In XDA forums) as for now, the official Cyanogen is not compatible with WFS. Once you have downloaded it in your SD card, make sure you download the gapps (Avaialble in ROM manager) as well on your SD card.
THen follow Cafekampuchia's instruction on how to flash a rom. Do the factory reset, flash the rom and before you restart, flash the gapps and then reboot.
And you should be good to go.

Upvote 0
I have a little problem with my phone after rooting it. Everything works great, but I noticed that now, after rooting it, I have to hold the power button longer for the shut down menu to appear. And when the phone is off, I only have to press the power button for less than a second, and the phone turns on, which a little annoying. It would be better if I had to hold it pressed for at least 1 second before it powers on. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I have a A510e Marvel Wildfire S, branded Vodafone NL (the netherlands, S-ON), and i have already *** unlocked *** it, but when I try to root it with the Super Tool v3, it gives exactly the same errors as moustafaatchy at reply #50. I even tried the solutions CafeKampuchia gave him, but they didn't work either. Could anybody help me?
Timothy, welcome to Android Forums :hello:

Yes, some phones won't root with the Super Tool. Try this instead:
1. Skip ahead to step 5 and install ClockworkMod Recovery and backup your ROM.
2. Root using this alternate rooting method.
3. Install SuperSU from Google Play.
4. Reboot the phone.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
Jairaj, did you try to flash the updated ROM from this thread?

It isn't overclocked as high and will probably work.

Also, make 100% certain that you follow my ROM flashing procedure at the end of the guide. If you don't clear your cache (including dalvik) you will get bootloops with even a good ROM.

If that doesn't do it, let me know!

Upvote 0
okay so i have a htc wildfire s with soff and it is rooted (has superuser and i can allow permissions) now what do i need to do to get cyanogenmod, and can i set up to dual boot between cyan and sense?
Glad you finally got it rooted while I was gone!

If I remember correctly, you have a MarvelC and there is no fully functional CM7 or Sense 3.5 ROM for your phone. You can try them out, but be 100% sure that you've backed up your stock ROM first because you will be going back to it.

And there is no way to dual boot an HTC as far as I know. Maybe there is and I don't know about it ;) In any case,
I'm not sure if it's possible to have dual boot. And even if you did, I don't think your internal memory would allow it. There isn't that much internal memory to begin with and if you want 2 roms on it, I doubt you'll be able to install anything else after that.
+1

Upvote 0
Mymoonsvabo, welcome to Android Forums! :hello:
I have a little problem with my phone after rooting it. Everything works great, but I noticed that now, after rooting it, I have to hold the power button longer for the shut down menu to appear. And when the phone is off, I only have to press the power button for less than a second, and the phone turns on, which a little annoying. It would be better if I had to hold it pressed for at least 1 second before it powers on. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you.
Hmmmm... that's really weird. I can understand that changing after installing a custom ROM, but not just rooting. Maybe it comes from the custom recovery? In any case, I'm not sure it can be changed. If it really bothers you, you could re-flash the stock recovery, but then you'd loose most of the benefit of rooting :(

Upvote 0
Update: When I try to update the PG76IMG, appears on the screen: "Main version is older! Update Fail! Press <POWER> to reboot."
Do you have a solution for that?
Timothy, I'm assuming that you're trying to flash a PG76IMG.zip to flash ClockworkMod Recovery as per the other rooting guide. Don't do it that way as his Recovery is beyond outdated. Flash the Recovery using step 5 of my guide using FASTBOOT commands. Then go to the other guide only to root the phone by flashing root.zip. Then come back to my guide to finish per my post above.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
Cafe! other than CM7 and hensemod 6, i have problems flashing any other rom...it's always stuck at the irritating htc logo.....what do i do?:thinking:

i've just tried installing wildchild by tigger33713 , but i still face the same problem, though no one else seems to have the boot problem with wildchild...

I'm currently using CM7, but would really love to try out the .sense/WildChild ROMs. If stuff could work on your phones, I think they should on ours too, right?

ANd do you think flashing that script for OC that you've mentioned previously could help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones