• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Guide] How to root the Wildfire S with S-ON

how to accomplish "Perform a full backup your phone's data " while my phone is not rooted yet?

everyone just says do it! no hows!!!!!

it be grateful

tnx
I don't backup my phone so I won't be much help. But I can say this:

1) Your SMS can be backed up through Messaging or Go SMS Pro.

2) Your apps and app data cannot be backed up without root. You'll have to reinstall them.

3) Your SD card will not be erased, though you should back it up manually as a precaution.

4) Contact information, calendar and gmail can be synced.

5) Backing up email depends upon your email provider/app.

Or do it all in one step by purchasing MyBackup Pro, though it won't backup app and data unless your phone is rooted.

Google "backup phone without root" for more tips and info.

Hope that helps at least a little bit. :)

Upvote 0
unfortunatly the goldcard generator in that thread no longer works, when i get the cid and click the link to goto the webpage to enter the info it says page not found

edit

i tried again right after posting and now the webpage worked go figure , thanks again for the help and ill let u know how it turns out
My kids call that the "Mary Poppins effect." :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I didn't notice this before. But when I choose 3 in HTC SuperTool I think it gives errors
81694830.png

I tried everything listed in this topic. I've unlocked the bootloader but i'm not able to root my phone (Vodafone FR)... Can ayone help me? I'm seriously annoyed... :'(

Upvote 0
I tried everything listed in this topic. I've unlocked the bootloader but i'm not able to root my phone (Vodafone FR)... Can ayone help me? I'm seriously annoyed... :'(
1. Please confirm that you are seeing ***_UNLOCKED_*** in bootloader.

2. Are you getting errors on the screen when you run the HTC Supertool?

3. Did you install the Superuser app per step 5a? If this isn't installed, the phone won't know its rooted.

4. Have you tried an alternate root method, such as [GUIDE] How to Root the Wildfire S?

Upvote 0
I'm ***UNLOCKED*** and have HBOOT-1.09.0099 and S-ON.
When I press 1 & 3, the cmd screen flashes and says 'ROOTED', but the app Wifi Tether says No Root!
I don't know what i'm doing wrong, but maybe some kind man could tell me :D
PS: I also tried using the second prep mode, which doesn't seem to do anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong CafeKampuchia but I think that before you use any apps for rooted phones, make sure you install the Supertool app so that it can grant 'superuser' to the apps that require root.

Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0
I'm ***UNLOCKED*** and have HBOOT-1.09.0099 and S-ON.
When I press 1 & 3, the cmd screen flashes and says 'ROOTED', but the app Wifi Tether says No Root!
I don't know what i'm doing wrong, but maybe some kind man could tell me :D
PS: I also tried using the second prep mode, which doesn't seem to do anything.

Caro332 is correct, hence:

5. I'm finally rooted!
cool.gif
Now what?

5A. Install the Superuser app by ChainsDD This app allows other apps to access root when necessary. After it's installed, reboot the phone. Whenever you install and run an app that requires root, you'll get a dialog asking if you want SuperUser to grant permission to that app.

Upvote 0
Hi, I seem to have a problem with my GPS
it doesn't work
I tried resetting it but it doesn't work
So I want to relock my Bootloader for warranty, can it happen ?
Thanks
When you unlocked your bootloader, you uploaded your phones IMEI# to get the unlock img file, so they know that your phone was unlocked even if you relock or revert the bootloader. You can always try reverting your bootloader and seeing if they'll overlook it. The best way I know to do it is update to 2.13.401.3 which flashes an unlockable bootloader. Maybe HTC will forget that you unlocked your phone. :)

Reactions: moustafaatchy
Upvote 0
1. Please confirm that you are seeing ***_UNLOCKED_*** in bootloader.

2. Are you getting errors on the screen when you run the HTC Supertool?

3. Did you install the Superuser app per step 5a? If this isn't installed, the phone won't know its rooted.

4. Have you tried an alternate root method, such as [GUIDE] How to Root the Wildfire S?

1. Yes, I'm seeing this on bootloader

2. Yes, method 1 and 2 of prepare are not working (when I do 3. I can see "Are you root" when it tries to put fils in /system/ on my phone)

3. Yes and it doesn't work anymore: it isn't asking me for root

4. I tried it. I had CID incorrect, so i made a GoldCard. Now I have Main Version is older.

Thank you anyway! :)

EDIT: Awwww! I managed to flash the recovery using fastboot commands on PC!

EDIT2: I executed root.zip, superuser app appeared in my app drawer... Omfg, it works. Root Uninstaller asked for root login. I'm soooo happy :D

Upvote 0
Well, finally my GPS worked (after following this guide [GUIDE] Installing CM7 nightly, GPS FIX *Update 7/30*, Kernels, and Camera app - xda-developers )
Not the accuracy I expected but it's WORKING
Thanks for the reply
If something went wrong with my phone can HTC repair it for me even if I'm off warranty ?
And will it cost me much ?
Yes they can, but I have no idea on the cost.

EDIT2: I executed root.zip, superuser app appeared in my app drawer... it works. Root Uninstaller asked for root login. I'm soooo happy :D
Congrats!

Upvote 0
For those who are trying the second method: in recovery you are trying to flash, the PG76IMG.zip (You would prefere downloading clockworkmod instead of the one in second thread) that you are trying to flash, there is a recovery.img. Put it in folder created with htcdev (where there is fastboot.exe... Then, execute cmd, go into that folder (cd \android) and then do fastboot flash recovery recovery.img. When done, on your phone, go into bootloader, then recovery. That's it! You can apply the root.zip!

Upvote 0
Hawky222, do the following now:
5. I'm finally rooted!
cool.gif
Now what?

5A. Install the Superuser app by ChainsDD This app allows other apps to access root when necessary. After it's installed, reboot the phone. Whenever you install and run an app that requires root, you'll get a dialog asking if you want SuperUser to grant permission to that app.

As mentioned by CafeKampuchia in the 1st page, install the Superuser app by ChainsDD. After that, you should be able to use any app that requires root

Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones