• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] How to Run an RUU for your HTC One S

if you have an older hboot,running a newer encrypted ruu will just fail,nothing bad will happen.

i havent had a chance to read up on the fix yet,but skimming thru it looked like they were just running and ruu and clearing some storage. its possible you may have actual hard ware issues. :(

ill let you know if i have anything else to suggest after reading up on the fix,prolly tonight or tomoro evening. sorry i cant be of more help at the moment.

Hope you do not mind my jumping in and asking a ?, I have HTC One sv (Boost) running 4.2.2 with Hboot 2.210000. Is mine an old Hboot? I tried installing Venoms latest Viper ROM on it yesterday and that is what led me here. It bootlooped on me 2 times and in the meantime I don't know how but deleted my TWRP backup I was fixing it with each time. Now that I have fixed this do I have to unlock the way I did with HTCdev? And root again? The Viper ROM's are very popular.
What I was really trying to do was enlarge my app storage partition with one_sv_swapper but it has kept failing. It has a mod option (out of 4) to get 6.43GB app storage and take the phone storage to little over a gig and leave you with full ext_sd use. Seems to work for everyone else but me. I'm thinking maybe something was messed up and reinstalling the ROM will help. Sorry for buttin in, if you have answers to these questions it will be greatly appreciated.

Zach lee

Upvote 0
PLS HELP WHAT RUU ..LINK PLS

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.15.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.11.50.05.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.16.631.8
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FA2CFW401351
(bootloader) imei: 352103051625537
(bootloader) product: vle
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8960
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4011000
(bootloader) cidnum: ROGER001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3833mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-64bedd38
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.124s

Upvote 0
good friends can spend the nights I link to download the RUU for my htc it is that I have lost not installed and not much about is the agradeceria friends
mxeHI5.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones