• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE]How to update HTC Wildfire S/Marvel/A510e/GSM to Software Version 2.3.5

Hi CafeKampuchia, I followed your procedure from rooting with S-ON and got rooted.

I currently have rooted 2.3.3 Android version.

MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.08.0099
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.53.39.03M
NOV 28 2011, 19:09:21

I followed the above steps and tried both 1 and 2, and couldnt update my HBOOT to European HBOOT Version of 1.09.

I dont wanna try step no 3, as I feel it might brick my phone since HBOOT didnt accept my update from PG76IMG.zip and gave me an error unlike the last time when I was able to update my HBOOT without any hassle during my rooting procedure.

I was wondering since I am already rooted and hence has the ability to flash any ROM suitable for my device using CWM Recovery, can I install HTC European Marvel stock Rom with Android 2.3.5 without updating my HBOOT ?

And if I can, can you please tell me the procedure.Thanks in advance !

Upvote 0
jubair07 said:
I followed your procedure from rooting with S-ON and got rooted.
jubair07 said:
I followed the above steps and tried both 1 and 2, and couldnt update my HBOOT to European HBOOT Version of 1.09.
:thinking: I'm confused... why do you need to update the HBOOT if you've already updated it, unlocked it and rooted the device?

Or are you trying to update the ROM to 2.3.5?

Reactions: jubair07
Upvote 0
:thinking: I'm confused... why do you need to update the HBOOT if you've already updated it, unlocked it and rooted the device?

Or are you trying to update the ROM to 2.3.5?

I am trying to update to 2.3.5 from 2.3.3 which I currently have. I am rooted with the info I have given in the above post. When I try flash 2.3.5 HTC Euro Rom, it also has update for HBOOT. Hence my question, can I use the CWM recovery to flash the HTC Euro Rom.

Can you please guide me which file to flash and should I update or install from Sd-Card. Which data/partition/cache should I delete ?

Also once I update will I lose the root and hence access to CWM Recovery or no ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have looked into the temp folder and it contains a zip file which contains Hboot update to 1.09, system.img(250mb+) which I think is the stock rom.

Upvote 0
If you haven't updated your HBOOT and still managed to root your phone, then I wouldn't worry about it. You can flash roms. As long as your phone is rooted, I would say it doesn't matter whether HBOOT is updated or not...
Please correct me if I'm wrong

I updated my HBOOT from 0.09 to 1.08. But HTC Euro has a HBOOT update to 1.09.

Anyway, do you know the procedure and also which zip file to flash or update and should it be from HBOOT or CWM Recovery ?

Upvote 0
i tried unlocking the bootloader.. but in the update process, something went wrong and the htc logo appeared on the screen with "!" marks on all four corners of the phone..
cant get into the bootloader..
cant flash anything from fastboot as it says signature verification failed..
and on phone, on some white screen it says *** RELOCKED ***..

what do i do..??
please help..!! :( :thinking: :( :thinking:

Upvote 0
***RELOCKED***
MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.08.0099
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.54.39.08M

and i downloaded the ruu ( PG7610000_Marvel_hboot_1.08.0099_20111216 ) from htcdev as they said to do in the 'bootloader unlock procedure'.. and when ruu asked for the update i accepted it.. and aftr tht htc logo came up on the screen with "!" marks in all corners of the screen..

:(:(

Upvote 0
Your phone is not dead--just in a coma and reviveable!

1. Boot the phone into bootloader by powering it down, puling the battery and replacing it, holding down volume and pressing the power button.

2. Select fastboot using the volume rocker and press power.

3. Plug the phone into your computer via USB. Your HBOOT status will change to Fastboot USB.

4. Run the RUU from procedure 1 above on your computer. It will reinstall the entire ROM.

To do all this, you will need Android SDK tools, Java runtime and the HTC USB drivers installed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see the first few paragraphs of this guide:
http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s-all-things-root/480954-guide-how-root-wildfire-s-s-finally.html

Once the ROM is reinstalled, you can re-unlock the bootloader by re-flashing the identifier token you received from HTC using the following command:
Code:
 fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Upvote 0
Your phone is not dead--just in a coma and reviveable!

1. Boot the phone into bootloader by powering it down, puling the battery and replacing it, holding down volume and pressing the power button.

2. Select fastboot using the volume rocker and press power.

3. Plug the phone into your computer via USB. Your HBOOT status will change to Fastboot USB.

4. Run the RUU from procedure 1 above on your computer. It will reinstall the entire ROM.

To do all this, you will need Android SDK tools, Java runtime and the HTC USB drivers installed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see the first few paragraphs of this guide:
http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s-all-things-root/480954-guide-how-root-wildfire-s-s-finally.html

Once the ROM is reinstalled, you can re-unlock the bootloader by re-flashing the identifier token you received from HTC using the following command:
Code:
 fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

phone is not booting in bootloader also..
when i press the volume down + power button combo, the same screen appeares, with htc and four "!" marks..

Upvote 0
Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0
Sadly, I think that's the case. Strange that I never hear of anyone bricking their phone by flashing a ROM manually through HBOOT, but it happens more often with the HTC RUU. Why is that? :thinking:

but htc guys says tht the phone is out of warranty and they wud charge me for the further repair..
please help guys.. what do i do..? suggest sumthng..

Upvote 0
--snip--

Note: If you have a branded phone
, you must create a "Goldcard" first, and then flash PG76IMG.zip from the Goldcard as follows:D. Boot the phone into HBOOT (turn it off, pull the battery for 5 sec. and replace it, hold down volume and press the power button). Once in HBOOT, the phone will find PG76IMG.zip and try to install it. Follow the directions on the screen.

--snip--

I'm using a Tmobile phone, that I got from Tmobile, does that mean I'm a branded cell phone? Stupid question, I know.

Sadly, I think that's the case. Strange that I never hear of anyone bricking their phone by flashing a ROM manually through HBOOT, but it happens more often with the HTC RUU. Why is that? :thinking:
Happens more often with the HTC RUU, so then why do you say to use this one, as opposed to any of the other RUU's on the list? (just another stupid question from a noob wanting to know if I should actually do this or not.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones