1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [GUIDE] Mounting Your Real SDcard to /mnt/sdcard (v2 for LG Motion 4G)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sepero, Dec 20, 2012.

1. pmb116

pmb116 Android Enthusiast

Running this currently.

Advertisement

Sepero likes this.
  2. I'll give the new script a run... Anyway when I use root explorer am I to see just three folders? And the data from internal fs is just moved out correct? Umm one thing I noticed from running scripts is that some apps can't read or find what you've downloaded until you reboot the phone such as a picture for wallpaper use

Attached Files:

3. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

@orangejuicebox
    Q: When I use root explorer am I to see just three folders?
    A: I don't
    completely understand, but your picture is not correct for an LG Motion 4G? On startup, the phone automatically creates folders like ".Android" and "Download" and others at the location /mnt/sdcard. So I don't know how you managed to get your setup like that (unless you simply deleted those folders prior to taking the picture). If you just deleted the other folders, then yes, you're setup looks fine.

Q:
    And the data from internal fs is just moved out correct?
    A: I don't understand.

4. Well when I had first downloaded the script, the script landed in Bootbuddy...Bootbuddy at the time was "in the internal storage" so when i rebooted my phone i noticed that nothing change, "my phone storage read as 5GB" but then i forced started the script thru script manager and then my phone storage read 15 GB and then ended up with what was in the picture i posted. After I moved all the folders from Internal FS to "my real sd card". I had left the boot buddy folder in the "internal fs" then realizing that it had to be moved to the "real sd card" in order for the script to work. Hopefully this sounds better but I think I got it working

5. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

@orangejuicebox
    You don't really download "Boot Buddy", instead you download it's installer. When you install Boot Buddy, it should automatically create the necessary folder on your sdcard (not internal storage).

I hope that clears things up a bit

6. Jerryj3000

Jerryj3000 Well-Known Member

I got that glitch u said bout the double mp3 and pic files plz how to fix it

7. Android?What!?

Android?What!? Android Enthusiast

So if I were going to try this, will it erase my SD card when I try to factory reset my phone Or flash another ROM to anything?

8. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

Q: Will using this cause my SDcard to be erased when I factory reset my phone, or flash another ROM?

A: No

9. Android?What!?

Android?What!? Android Enthusiast

Will everything that was saved be on the external after the afore mentioned?

10. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

The script will not erase anything, and it will not even attempt to move your files. This is left entirely to the user.

11. unicyclist

unicyclist Well-Known Member

So much better now. While 5 gigs of internal memory is nice, I have 6-8 gigs of music I like to carry around. Plus, I like to make backups of apps. That 5 gigs starts to get really small, really fast.

12. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Member

Has anyone made any progress at getting the Motion to recognize the memory card?

13. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

It already does...o_O

14. phillvela7

phillvela7 Well-Known Member

Im so mad , i dont understand where to get bootbuddy from , im completely lost . Damn damn damn damn , i hate being slow .

15. bart2201

bart2201 Android Enthusiast

Some very weird things after setting this up. Right after I did this My phone showed some weird things. First was that when I used T.B. and checked on how much storage I had it showed that the sd card and the external sd card both were showing the 5gb sd card and the external card wasn't included. Using File Expert showed the exact opposite, meaning it showed the results from the external sd card on both file listings, very weird.

When I used Root Explorer I could find and see the files in both the internal/fs and the external sd card. After I rebooted and tried to see what was in the internal/fs it showed up as empty. Same for the external sd card when I used that setting from the external card. I know this sounds crazy but it is what happened, Now when I use T.B. it shows all three just like it always did. System ROM, Internal+Media, and External SD Card. Also right after I rebooted after putting the 50 script into Boot Buddy and brought up T.B. all my saves of data and system apps was gone, but after rebooting once more they were back.

Has anyone else had anything similar to these things or is my phone
    (or me) just weird?

16. phillvela7

Never mind , sorry . Im slow thanks all .

17. phillvela7

I was about to reboot , thanks for posting . I believe someone else had this issue . Not sure whats the prob , read trew the post . I am about to myself . I read it briefly , now im not rebooting untill its confirmed to work corectly . I have boot buddy with the 50 thing in it , just waiting for you guys to help confirm it working correctly .

18. phillvela7

Thanks by the way for creating this .

19. phillvela7

He asked if the data from the originally mounted sd automatically moves to the external sd which is now your internal sd . I believe it dosent , you need to move everything manually . Dont have to but if app data saved there is needed then yes . Move it manually . Correct me if im wrong .

20. phillvela7

Your internal fs should always create a folder by itself after opening an app . If its empty , just means you havent saved anything . You can delete folders of saved app data , lets say 4shared pro . As soon as you run the app and download something it should create a folder in your internal unless you set it up to save in external which will then create a folder there . About having 3 folders of one kind of thing , did u move from external to internal or just left everything as is ? About having to boot to see your files again , i have no clue what might be happening . Maybe you didnt close or back up from the file . So its only showing what you had prior to the download . Back up once then go back to sd and it should appear . Im a noob so this is just my opinion , disriguard this . Since this is coming from someone who bricked by deleting system and forgot to install a rom/backup . Im just a noob/slow person .

21. phillvela7

Lord have mercy , my post up there is just a thought of what i think might be happening . Im a noob . Any way , have mercy plz . This swapping sd tweak is the best , just rebooted . Now i have all the space i want for apps , plus i have enough for pics/movies/songs and pretty much everything . Thanks a mill .

22. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

@bart2201
    From what you have described, I do not know if there is a problem or not. Some apps may incorrectly report how much space the sdcard has.

If you believe you have a problem and you can reproduce it, then I'd be glad to help you resolve it.

23. phillvela7

I found a app that reads your system or something like that . Zipper in the market

24. bart2201

bart2201 Android Enthusiast

Thanks Sepero, I had those weird things going on right after I first installed the script. After a coupla reboots everything looks like it is supposed to. I don't know why my phone did so many crazy things at first but its okay now I guess.

Sepero likes this.
  25. phillvela7

Hey bro i need some help/advice . Well im trying to download the 1.12 gb cache in m o b . O r g for md4 . Iv downloaded it like 4 times before with no problem , but now its always Saying unsuccessful right before it completely finishes or as soon as i click it sometimes . Any ideas what i might be doing wrong ? Its a zipped file and im using google chrome browser . Thanks in advanve . Space on sd is more then enough . You think it might still be reading 5.60 gb , there for telling me it cannot download due to insufficient space ? Its really getting annoying because in order for me to download it all it takes about an hour or more , im like all glad looking and seeing 96/97/98/99/% complete . Sadly never hits 100% completed , it gets my hopes up for nothing .