1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[GUIDE] N00B Friendly OTA JB Install - Updated 7/14/13

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TehJibba, Jul 9, 2013.

1. TehJibba

TehJibba Android Enthusiast

I figured id post this as there are posts all over the place saying do this and do that so we needed a clear and concise post laying out the process for everyone. To be clear there are a few different ways to go about this and i will regularly update as new stable ways come about

Disclaimer: Only YOU are responsible for what happens to your phone while doing anything, including flashing any ROM So BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP AND THEN BACKUP SOME MORE!

Method 1: (recommended)
    Follow the directions in the first post Here - (Credits: SuperR, Junkie2100, Mgiddeon, APOPHiS420 for all their hard work and testing to make it work)

Method 2
    :
    First off in order for things to go smoothly you NEED to be on a rom that hasn't been deodexed yet. If you only rooted and installed CWM on your B09 rom then Skip to step 3 Otherwise Start on step 1

1. Download This Stock B09 rom and flash it (Credits: SuperR)
    2. leave cwm on the phone This means when it asks you if you want to disable flashing of the stock recovery you choose yes!
    3. Download the ota from your phone
    3a. Go to settings > apps > all > Google Services Frameworks
    3b. Clear data and Force Stop Google Services Framework
    3c. Go to settings > system update > Update ZTE software
    3d. Retry steps 3a - 3c until you get the update
    4. Before installing the ota use root explorer (or similar) and navigate to the /cache folder in the root of the phone, copy the obscenely long file named zip to your sd card root DO NOT MOVE OR DELETE THE ONE IN THE CACHE FOLDER leave the one in the cache folder
    5. Reboot to cwm recovery
    6. Do a factory reset (optional)
    7. Install the obscenely long file named zip from your sd card let it do its thing and voila!

If you want to regain root and still have CWM installed then follow these steps:
    1. Download Root zip - (Credits: chevanlol360) and place onto SD Card
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash the root zip

If you want to regain root and ended up with the stock recovery after updating:
    1. Download This - (Credits: Junkie2100)
    2. Download Root zip - (Credits: chevanlol360) and place onto SD Card
    3. Flash CWM using the fastboot method NOT TERMINAL on Junkies tool
    4. Reboot To recovery
    5. Flash Root.zip

If you have trouble getting fastboot CWM method to work:
    Read THIS and follow the directions in the first post! - (Credits: Junkie2100)

Etaksjosh, Judo, SuperR and 4 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D34DBre4kr

D34DBre4kr Android Enthusiast

Thanks a ton! it worked ! now im on a sorta laggy Stock 4.1.2
    :D

3. TehJibba

shouldnt be laggy. give it like 10 mins then reboot the phone should be good to go

4. benjiu3

benjiu3 Member

5. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Android Expert

dont work for me

6. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

7. boricuakiller

i go to google service framework i clear data force to stop en when i go to system update said the last time i update was 12/31/1969 dont know why so i hit to get update nothing happen

8. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

I thought you said you were on jb and things were going well???? If so there is no update

9. TehJibba

It gives that date because you cleared the data for google services framework which held the last time it got checked. When you click on check now it should update the last time it check with your current time. If you dont get the ota right off repeat the steps to force update till you get it. Boston area should have the ota already tho

10. benjiu3

benjiu3 Member

when i go to the apps in settings it doesnt give me the option to choose "all" it shows tabs of running, on sd card, and downloaded. so what do i do?

11. boricuakiller

i call zte dumn people boost dont know why no update

12. Robertech

Robertech Android Enthusiast

Swipe the tabs left....

13. TehJibba

The tabs are scrollable , just slide your finger to the left on the tabs and you should see it

14. TehJibba

The saying "your doing it wrong" comes to mind lol j/k man idk why you arent getting it at this point the ota should of rolled out in all of boost's areas

*Edit* Try updating your PRL first and then repeat the force update method. Worth a shot

15. Robertech

Robertech Android Enthusiast

Keep stopping the Google services framework process and try update again. Sometimes it takes 50 tries

16. benjiu3

benjiu3 Member

yeah im still trying to force the update too, have tried like 10 times. will keep going until i get it

17. D34DBre4kr

D34DBre4kr Android Enthusiast

18. TehJibba

I had to repeat the force update method for a couple hours (not continusly of course) before it finally said i had an update

19. boricuakiller

how do did that thanks

20. TehJibba

do steps 3a through 3d in the first post here and repeat every step until you get the update.

21. boricuakiller

Does matter if I use Wi-Fi or have to be on phone 3g internet

22. Seraph08

Seraph08 Android Expert

You know I heard someone say that the OTA was as ancient as Madonna's boobs

23. boricuakiller

i call boost they dont now anything about this update dont know what to believe

24. TehJibba

Guide updated with the way to regain root if you have Stock recovery after JB update

boricuakiller likes this.
  25. boricuakiller

ZTE Warp Sequent Forum

The ZTE Warp Sequent release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews