• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[GUIDE] Root LG Lucid/Exceed

Hello! I'm brand new to the forums, and to rooting in general. I've read a ton of these posts, tried a number of options, but I can't for the life of me get my LG Lucid to root.

Okay, so it turns out the driver for my device didn't update completely, and I had to manually install it before the process would recognize my device. So never mind, I'm all good. xD
Towel root by geohot will also do the trick on the exceed and a lot of other devices, I don't know of a recovery for it yet though.

Upvote 0
Droid 4.0.4 with ZV9 here and this root script worked for me, with a Caveat.

Caveat:
My phone was rooted some time ago with a script called quickroot or something like that. This was back on an older version of firmware, and an older version of android. Needless to say about half a year after it was rooted an Over the Air update came out, and my phone rebooted and updated on it's own. (I didn't turn that "feature" off).

So when I tried to run the attached root script the first time it failed to mount the device, and everything was "read only file system". Googled "read only file system" and I got this general idea: if the device was rooted before and the root access was removed via a security fix the device would need to be factory reset in order to root again.

That being said, I only have one phone to root other than a really old Droid X. But the hard reset did work for my Lucid. I was able to root the phone with the attached script, but I don't have any other phones to test the outcome of my case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones