1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[GUIDE][ROOT] Root your LG L70! (MS323)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Benji2spooky, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Benji2spooky

Benji2spooky Newbie

This guide is designed for the Metro PCS version of the L70, but it should work for any version of the L70.

You retain all responsibility of your phone, and should you brick it , that is your fault. (Although I'm 99.9% sure you won't)

1. Go to towelroot by geohot and download the tr.apk file (Click the Lambada)
    2. Put said .apk file onto your phone and install (Need to have "Unknown sources" checked in the "Security" tab of your settings)
    3. Press the "Make it Ra1n" button
    4. Wait until your phone restarts (It will do so automatically)
    5. Congratulations, your phone is now rooted!

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #92 by Sueco, Apr 3, 2015 (2 points)
  3. JerrysKids

JerrysKids Well-Known Member

Got rooted now I'm on the sd partitioning. I am on "AParted" trying to partition the sd card but I am sooooo fricken lost at this point. I need to know how much (MB OR GB) to put on ext2 and how much on fat32....hell, actually I don't know what I am doing. Any help will be very appreciated.

4. verdooch96

verdooch96 Well-Known Member

there's an app or two that's supposed to fix this without a second partition but...your fat is your primary and ext is your secondary for link2sd apps. if you have a 8g card, try 500mb for your ext and the rest for fat, 500mb should be way more than enough since link2sd apps usually don't copy all the info and don't forget formatting will delete everything on the card.

AJfrmVegas and JerrysKids like this.
  5. verdooch96

Don't forget to install superuser su v1.99r4 and update it immediately, reboot manually, install busybox, reboot manually.

sailmakered and biggiephil like this.
  6. biggiephil

biggiephil Android Enthusiast

Great guide, I hope this is useful for ALL the other members with this phone who have not yet rooted ;)

Saudteknaf likes this.
  7. 9000cody

9000cody Well-Known Member

How do you uproot?

8. verdooch96

uproot?

9. 9000cody

10. verdooch96

superuser su should have a full unroot option

11. 9000cody

Ah ok, because I had a. Esteem and rooted it and ended up removing the entire software of metro pcs so my phone was basically a brick, until I install Cyanogenmod mod I believe

12. AndroidDaytona

AndroidDaytona Well-Known Member

Does this work on metro?

13. bobdamnit

bobdamnit Android Enthusiast

Yes, this works on the MetroPCS LG L70.

14. derpy01

derpy01 Well-Known Member

this guide was meant for metro eddition, single and dual sim both have roots already

15. I did all the steps, but supersu never appeared anywhere

16. ryan734

ryan734 Newbie

You have to download superuser yourself.. There's a link somewhere in the forums I just can't remember which thread at the moment

17. JesseKnows

JesseKnows Member

sailmakered likes this.
  18. jimisdad

jimisdad Newbie

I didn't see it anywhere on here so I figured I would throw my two cents in... I just came from an LG F6 and had it rooted with SD card hack and free WiFi tether on unlimited plan so I used this guide to root my L70 and was trying to get WiFi tether going. Well it seems 100 times easier on the L70. All I needed to do was root, download WiFi tether apk, run it and use chrome browser with spoofer as IE 9 and I was up and running.

sailmakered likes this.
  19. mdside71

mdside71 Android Enthusiast

So easy to root this phone..It took a while but glad someone figured it out.

20. bart2201

bart2201 Android Enthusiast

This was the easiest root of any phone I've had. Even though I've only had the Admire and the Motion from Metro both of them required several steps to get rooted.

This way almost made me think that I had done something wrong, it was just ridiculously simple to get done. The problems arise from the limited memory we are given to work with.

I can't get Titanium Backup to back up all of the apps because there isn't enough room. I'm playing around with a few apps that I've just installed to see if I can reconfigure my sd card with Titanium B/U Pro and SDFix along with Root Explorer pro.

Problem is that both T B/U and Root explorer are both apps that have been used on every one of my rooted phones and there are so many old files and folders that are entwined with newer downloads that trying to rid myself of useless and space eating files, apps and so on is a headache. Not everything works like advertised and I'm obviously not the brightest bulb on the tree but I keep trying to make things work. So thank you guys for all the help advice and pointers given so far. Keep up the great work.

21. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Moved to All Things Root subforum and stickied.

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  22. T Taylor

T Taylor Lurker

Somehow, after running an automated bloatware removal script, my camera's flash was disable. It's to the point my phone doesn't even support any flashlight apps from the Play Store. I mean, I'm able to download the apps but the flash doesn't come on. Someone please help.

23. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Flash the Stock Firmware and start from scatch.

24. ripped78

ripped78 Lurker

I downloaded it and it said i have root but it never rebooted

25. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Update the Superuser app. Download a terminal emulater from the PlayStore.
    Open it up and type in:
    Code (Text):
    2. su
    If you get the Superuser app requesting permission click ok.
    You should now see a # instead of a $. This means you are definitely rooted.

Now download jrummy16's Busybox installer and install the latest version of Busybox.

You are now good to go.

26. Nintendo1889

Nintendo1889 Android Enthusiast

I got my Metropcs L70 yesterday! :) According to the towelroot apps, I didn't need to reboot. I checked it with root checker basic, which confirms that I have root! Yeah!!!

Is there a way to browse the "Internal Storage" from my computer (using mtp, picture, or dev mode?), but have it at / rather than /mnt?

If we have root, isn't is safe to use astro or root explorer to delete the junk we don't want from /system/app and /system/apps?

Why not just install the latest supersu? It's currently at 2.0.1

Edit: ok, nevermind, I see that SuperSU needs to update it's binary. When I did this after launching, it said update failed. I rebooted it, and then I was not prompted again.

27. Sueco

Sueco Lurker

shhnedo and x0a like this.

LG L70 Forum

The LG L70 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: