• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE][ROOT] Rooting LG Leon with SuperSu

** DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I DO THIS AS A HOBBY AND SHARE MY FINDINGS IN CASE SOMEONE ELSE FINDS THEM USEFUL. **
** THIS WORKED ON MY DEVICE BUT IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS. APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK **

This has been tested with the LG LEON V10c-EUR-XX

This procedure removes Kingroot , installs superSU ,root binaries and busybox on your system.

What versions can get root = a, b, c, d, g,
What versions can't get root = e
I never test versions "h" and "f" so i don't know about em.

If you're coming from v10f/g/h .. You have to downgrade with this guide to v10e then to an older one.

Requirements

Make sure your PC can communicate with your LG Leon via adb.
Driver Pack for LG Leon ( Link can be found on #2 Post!)
The success of this method depends on following the procedure very carefully. So read the instructions and make sure you understand every step before you try it.

Procedure

1- Install and run Kingroot 4.0. You can google and download it or you can use the one in the attached zip file. When Kingroot runs it is all in Chinese, but basically you need to be connected to the internet for it to work. It will do its thing and show progress up to 100% after which you can exit the program. Now your phone is rooted. The following steps replaces the Kinguser with SuperSU.

2- Unzip the attached file in your adb directory and then open an adb terminal and make sure the PC can see your phone (you can check that by typing adb devices). Then type the following:

Code:
adb push su /data/local/tmp
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp
adb shell

3- In the shell that you get type the following and make sure you give the permission when the phone prompts you:

Code:
su

4- Continue by typing the following commands:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system
cat /data/local/tmp/su >/system/xbin/daemonsu && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/daemonsu
cat /data/local/tmp/busybox >/system/xbin/busybox && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/busybox
daemonsu -d &

The key is to keep this session running while you continue with the rest, so be careful with typos and monitor this window for any errors.

5- At this point, leave the adb terminal window running and go to your phone, open the Kinguser app, open settings (the wheel at the top right corner of the screen), Root authorization setting, and Remove Root permission. The app will self-uninstall.

6- Uninstall the other two Kingroot programs that are still on your phone (KingRoot and the other one with the blue icon and Chinese text under it).

7- Back to the adb terminal, and type the following:

Code:
cat /data/local/tmp/su >/system/xbin/su && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/su
busybox chattr -ia /system/xbin/ku.sud
busybox chattr -ia /system/xbin/supolicy
rm /system/xbin/ku.sud
rm /system/xbin/supolicy

rm /system/bin/rt.sh
rm /system/bin/install-recovery.sh
rm /system/bin/shipclean
rm /system/bin/start-ssh

busybox chattr -ia /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
busybox chattr -ia /system/etc/install-recovery.sh-ku.bak
rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh-ku.bak
rm /system/etc/install_recovery.sh

rm /system/usr/icu/icusuflag.conf
busybox chattr -ia /system/usr/iku/isu
rm -rf /system/usr/iku

rm /system/kroot_*
rm /sdcard/kr-stock-conf
rm -rf /sdcard/Kingroot

rm -rf /data/data-lib/com.kingroot.RushRoot
rm -rf /data/data-lib/com.kingroot.kinguser
rm -rf /data/data-lib/king

Again, leave the adb terminal window running and go to your phone.

8- Install superSU (from the attached file) on your phone, run it, and let it update the SU binary.

9- Reboot the phone. After about 5 minutes your root is ready.

Downloads + Troubleshooting stuff will be in the 2nd post!

Last edited:
Troubleshooting

1- Most of the problems that I noticed people have encountered is due to not reading the instructions fully. So make sure you read the OP word by word.

2- If you miss a step or mess up something go back to installing Kingroot and start over from the beginning.

3- Finally, I noticed that with an AT&T sim card in the phone Kingroot fails (why am I not surprised?) Either a reboot occurs in the middle of rooting or it completes the cycle without accomplishing root. If that occurs, my best advice is to change your phone company. If that fails, you may need to factory reset your phone or even install the firmware from scratch and try again without the sim card.

Downloading

Mega

Drivers

Please do not mirror my links ,I'm counting em!

Hit the thanks button if i help you :p If you have a question feel free to post it. If you want to say "thank you" you can press the button , isn't worth to reply it :) :) :)

EDIT: If someone test it in another device, V10b etc.. , leave a feedback at comments so i could add it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Plz somebody let me knw I'm in the mall n don't exactly have tons of time to look here. Plz a yes or no on 10b 5.0.2 is it kingrootable?

I don't know. you can try it! If kingroot fails it means you have to downgrade ,if not you can continue to next step!

I tried it, but kingroot wasnt rooting 100%

I replied you before. Try to downgrade cause V10e isn't rootable ! Read the #1 post i'm answering your question(sorry for late answer but i update the guide too)

Upvote 0
Troubleshooting

1- Most of the problems that I noticed people have encountered is due to not reading the instructions fully. So make sure you read the OP word by word.

2- If you miss a step or mess up something go back to installing Kingroot and start over from the beginning.

3- Finally, I noticed that with an AT&T sim card in the phone Kingroot fails (why am I not surprised?) Either a reboot occurs in the middle of rooting or it completes the cycle without accomplishing root. If that occurs, my best advice is to change your phone company. If that fails, you may need to factory reset your phone or even install the firmware from scratch and try again without the sim card.

Downloading

MediaFire

Mega (Complete pack)

Drivers

Hit the thanks button if i help you :p If you have a question feel free to post it. If you want to say "thank you" you can press the button , isn't worth to reply it :) :) :)

EDIT: If someone test it in another device or V10b etc.. , leave a feedback at comments so i could add it!
listen, i downloaded this mega pack, cant find adb folder on my phone (had success with downgrading, installing kingsroot ) when i open adb on my pc he starts to do something and shuts down after 1 sefc

Upvote 0
Troubleshooting

Downloading

Mega

Drivers

EDIT: If someone test it in another device, V10b etc.. , leave a feedback at comments so i could add it!
Actually 10d is rootable and the only version wifi tethering (unlimited non native) works on tried them all purchased lg leon with 10f rooted with kingroot used terminal emulator method to replace kingroot with supersu wifi tethering router just brought up native downgraded to 10d whala!

Upvote 0
** DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I DO THIS AS A HOBBY AND SHARE MY FINDINGS IN CASE SOMEONE ELSE FINDS THEM USEFUL. **
** THIS WORKED ON MY DEVICE BUT IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS. APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK **

This has been tested with the LG LEON V10c-EUR-XX

This procedure removes Kingroot , installs superSU ,root binaries and busybox on your system.

These version can get root! V10a / b / c ! The others ( V10d/e can't get root!) You have to downgrade with this guide if you want to root your phone!If you're coming from v10f/g/h .. you have to downgrade to v10e then to v10c or v10b...
Requirements

Make sure your PC can communicate with your fire phone via adb.
Driver Pack for LG Leon ( Link can be found on #2 Post!)
The success of this method depends on following the procedure very carefully. So read the instructions and make sure you understand every step before you try it.

Procedure

1- Install and run Kingroot 4.0. You can google and download it or you can use the one in the attached zip file. When Kingroot runs it is all in Chinese, but basically you need to be connected to the internet for it to work. It will do its thing and show progress up to 100% after which you can exit the program. Now your phone is rooted. The following steps replaces the Kinguser with SuperSU.

2- Unzip the attached file in your adb directory and then open an adb terminal and make sure the PC can see your phone (you can check that by typing adb devices). Then type the following:

Code:
adb push su /data/local/tmp
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp
adb shell

3- In the shell that you get type the following and make sure you give the permission when the phone prompts you:

Code:
su

4- Continue by typing the following commands:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system
cat /data/local/tmp/su >/system/xbin/daemonsu && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/daemonsu
cat /data/local/tmp/busybox >/system/xbin/busybox && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/busybox
daemonsu -d &

The key is to keep this session running while you continue with the rest, so be careful with typos and monitor this window for any errors.

5- At this point, leave the adb terminal window running and go to your phone, open the Kinguser app, open settings (the wheel at the top right corner of the screen), Root authorization setting, and Remove Root permission. The app will self-uninstall.

6- Uninstall the other two Kingroot programs that are still on your phone (KingRoot and the other one with the blue icon and Chinese text under it).

7- Back to the adb terminal, and type the following:

Code:
cat /data/local/tmp/su >/system/xbin/su && chmod 0755 /system/xbin/su
busybox chattr -ia /system/xbin/ku.sud
busybox chattr -ia /system/xbin/supolicy
rm /system/xbin/ku.sud
rm /system/xbin/supolicy

rm /system/bin/rt.sh
rm /system/bin/install-recovery.sh
rm /system/bin/shipclean
rm /system/bin/start-ssh

busybox chattr -ia /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
busybox chattr -ia /system/etc/install-recovery.sh-ku.bak
rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh-ku.bak
rm /system/etc/install_recovery.sh

rm /system/usr/icu/icusuflag.conf
busybox chattr -ia /system/usr/iku/isu
rm -rf /system/usr/iku

rm /system/kroot_*
rm /sdcard/kr-stock-conf
rm -rf /sdcard/Kingroot

rm -rf /data/data-lib/com.kingroot.RushRoot
rm -rf /data/data-lib/com.kingroot.kinguser
rm -rf /data/data-lib/king

Again, leave the adb terminal window running and go to your phone.

8- Install superSU (from the attached file) on your phone, run it, and let it update the SU binary.

9- Reboot the phone. After about 5 minutes your root is ready.

Downloads + Troubleshooting stuff will be in the 2nd post!

Actually 10d is rootable and the only version wifi tethering (unlimited un native works on) tried them all have 2. Both metropcs unlimited plan purchased 1 with 10e rooted with kingroot 2nd was 10f rooted with kingroot downgraded to 10d cause tethering just brought up native app used terminal emulator to remove kingroot with chainfire super su
Screenshot_2016-01-04-10-26-26.png
Screenshot_2016-01-04-10-26-26.png
Screenshot_2016-01-04-10-25-58.png

Upvote 0
I did not use this I just wanted to inform you that you of the incorrect information! I have 2 lg leons and they are both rooted on ms345 1od it is the only version that non native tethering has worked on and when you have Truly Unlimited Data Its a Nice Feature. So I figured people might want to know that in advance. I am not sure why but no other firmware worked without triggering the native app. you might want to do a little research or get hands on trial and error before misinforming people. Did you actually try these methods? or are you just copying other peoples efforts? Eexperience from actual trial and error before spreading info. I am sure you are trying to help but when someone finds a working method (Original method) and people copy and repost there efforts a little bit gets lost in translaition unless you actually fixed a bug or improved the original it just makes it more difficult for people to find what they really need I can say this cause I have actual trial and error and have helped people from fixing errors from Reposts like these Let the Real developers get the Glory and thanks that they deserve. They are the ones that take the time money and dedicaition to make your androids better and they are trully under appreciated.

Upvote 0
I did not use this I just wanted to inform you that you of the incorrect information! I have 2 lg leons and they are both rooted on ms345 1od it is the only version that non native tethering has worked on and when you have Truly Unlimited Data Its a Nice Feature. So I figured people might want to know that in advance. I am not sure why but no other firmware worked without triggering the native app. you might want to do a little research or get hands on trial and error before misinforming people. Did you actually try these methods? or are you just copying other peoples efforts? Eexperience from actual trial and error before spreading info. I am sure you are trying to help but when someone finds a working method (Original method) and people copy and repost there efforts a little bit gets lost in translaition unless you actually fixed a bug or improved the original it just makes it more difficult for people to find what they really need I can say this cause I have actual trial and error and have helped people from fixing errors from Reposts like these Let the Real developers get the Glory and thanks that they deserve. They are the ones that take the time money and dedicaition to make your androids better and they are trully under appreciated.

Thank you for your reply, OP changed. All i knew for this version was unrootable , so many people tried it and it didn't worked. Results made me write that "d" version can't get root.

Just to throw this out there...
I came from a T-Mobile stock 10f and was able to use the tool from here:
http://androidforums.com/threads/leon-one-click-root-works-on-10d-10e-ms345-h345-no-kingroot.938062/
to root my device.

Tested once in V10b worked.Tested at V10c/e/g never worked ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones