• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE]Security Error FIX

travioso

Android Expert
Apr 9, 2011
Ocala, FL
Let me tell you this was an adventure. Hopefully it saves someone a day of there life if ever in the same predicament. Found this out over on XDA (forget the exact post) In my case, I flashed CWM without first unlocking the bootloader, only to come to the Security Error screen on reboot. Takes all of 5 minutes to fix. Only requirements are fast boot and the original recovery image (included). I couldn't for the life of me get fastboot to recognize my phone except but using the included start.bat in the fastboot.zip.. What I did exactly was this:

Unzip fastboot.zip to c:\fastboot
make sure fastboot drivers are installed as stated in c:\fastboot\readme.txt

copy p4_769.img c:\fastboot\bin
run cmd.exe as administrator (right click/run as administrator)
goto c:|\fastboot\bin directory then type: fastboot flash recovery p4_769.img (should receive waiting for fastboot device message)
right click c:\fastboot\start.bat and run as administrator
select option 1

follow the instructions it tells you (i actually had to reinstall the drivers again. should pop up as LG P2 (i believe that was the name) this time, install the same way as first time.
the fastboot flash recovery image windows should show its doing something.

let fastboot flash the recovery. Now when you reboot the phone, you should see a dead android guy. turn back off the phone and do a factory reset (hold volume down, home, and power) it should go through the motions of factory resetting.. Everything is erased, phone is like new again.. Now the proud owner of an unbricked phone..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/585998/fastboot.rar
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/585998/p4_769.img

did NOT work for me either.....the same exact thing happened for me too.:(

It didn't work. The screen did say fastboot so it almost worked. the writing was all backwards though. Is the phone sappost to reboot on its own? Mine didn't. How long should I leave it plugged in before I disconect It from the computer

were you able to flash the recovery image? it should flash during the backwards screen.. this is specifically for cwm or another recovery being flashed without the bootloader being unlocked. If you tried flashing a rom, you may need to follow this http://androidforums.com/optimus-l9-all-things-root/792689-guide-unbrick-manual-update.html OR this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2085344 also.

Also, antdogac, the cmd.exe window that you type flash recovery p4_769.img in should say something along the lines of success.. then reboot manually

Upvote 0
It did, but when I manually reboot nothing. But I did try to flash a custom rom to it so ill give the link a try. Thank you for your help. Ito be honest what happened was I tried to unlock my bootloader with no internet. I thought it worked so I went ahead and tried a custom rom and bam no phone for a month

Upvote 0
It did, but when I manually reboot nothing. But I did try to flash a custom rom to it so ill give the link a try. Thank you for your help. Ito be honest what happened was I tried to unlock my bootloader with no internet. I thought it worked so I went ahead and tried a custom rom and bam no phone for a month

if it works it will come up to the bootloader.. unlock or no.. you should be able to flash kdz with the offline fix.. otherwise flash the stock recovery via fastboot.. if that fails flash the u and x ics bootloader.. i haven't gone down the custom rom path just yet.. you can't do that from the cwm we have.. only thing i've seen that actually works (aint actually seen it yet) is adb reboot oem-unlock.. once the holidays are over i'm gonna figure this thing out or give up..

Upvote 0
R u serious screw that I need some one to bust out with youtube. Hell I'll pay to get mine fixed. I can't believe how much metro.and lg both blow. More metro though

I'll try to do that over the weekend if I get a chance.. Can't do the installing fastboot drivers part though as they are already already installed on my machine..

Reactions: abulkhak
Upvote 0
Right that would be cool. I got it in fast boot but it didn't work. I was able to install the driver once and then when I tryed again it didn't show up in divce manager at all so I just try to select one of the options in fast boot n e ways and it when through but didn'twork bbecause I don't know how to use fast boot with the recover image. A video would really help allot.

Upvote 0
You need to do things in the right order, took me a few tries too but the screen being flipped means you are in fastboot.

You need to run cmd.exe first
run cmd.exe as administrator (right click/run as administrator)
then run
fastboot flash recovery p4_769.img (should receive waiting for fastboot device message)
then start fastboot
right click c:\fastboot\start.bat and run as administrator
select option 1

Once you see the screen flipped the recovery will start and your phone will reboot to the little dead android, then do the reset of the phone, hold vol -, Home, and power till it resets and you will be back where you were.

Happy reset!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones