• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Unbrick Attain

No I actually took it back to a hood metro store who didnt know anything about rooting and told them it started doing it on its own one day and lucky I just bout it within 7 days and theygave me a new one... Ive had about 12 android phones all rooted and have did plenty for others but this is the first time I actually bricked one... Im scared to try the zip allighned one now

Upvote 0
No I actually took it back to a hood metro store who didnt know anything about rooting and told them it started doing it on its own one day and lucky I just bout it within 7 days and theygave me a new one... Ive had about 12 android phones all rooted and have did plenty for others but this is the first time I actually bricked one... Im scared to try the zip allighned one now

The deodexed rom is cool. The thing is when you load the attain pit file into Odin it automatically checks repartition. You can either not load the pit file or simply uncheck it when u load it. I bricked the attain once through accidentally not unchecking the option. This method was simple and easy to unbrick the attain.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

First, thanks to Travis Antonio and Ben for helping us out with unbricking the Attain.

After following all the instructions I went back to Odin to flash Gasmod, but my computer is no longer recognizing the Attain. In addition, I've tried it from another computer. I've tried forgoing using Odin to flash, and tried installing the Google Play store using the Android SDK, but even adb doesn't recognize the device.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated!

Upvote 0
The deodexed rom is cool. The thing is when you load the attain pit file into Odin it automatically checks repartition. You can either not load the pit file or simply uncheck it when u load it. I bricked the attain once through accidentally not unchecking the option. This method was simple and easy to unbrick the attain.

you shouldn't need to use a pit file odin automatically retrieves it when flashing

Upvote 0

I am bricked , i try to download the file from 4shared, but it doesnt work, can you please help me ??:mad:

Upvote 0
Help, I have an Attain that has an unknown baseband. I have updated it. I have been working on it for hours and finally got it to take the Samsung Simple Update. The phone still refuses to connect. It was rooted and I had hoped the update would bring it back to some semblance of its original self. I am getting an untouched Attain tomorrow and need to know if I can copy the firmware from this second Attain to repair the first. If so, how do I copy the firm ware without rooting the phone?

Upvote 0
Help, I have an Attain that has an unknown baseband. I have updated it. I have been working on it for hours and finally got it to take the Samsung Simple Update. The phone still refuses to connect. It was rooted and I had hoped the update would bring it back to some semblance of its original self. I am getting an untouched Attain tomorrow and need to know if I can copy the firmware from this second Attain to repair the first. If so, how do I copy the firm ware without rooting the phone?

You can't copy the firmware. After running the update all attains end up with the same firmware so I doubt it would change anything even if you could. Did you change some internal setting?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones