• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Unbrick Attain

Please follow every step as wrote.

Hello guys!, I'm new here but I'm an old developer of many older devices and OSs for mobiles :p, my name is Travis Antonio nice to meet ya all.

With this guide you will bring your Attain back to life like I did with mine.​

NOW THE TIME HAS COME!, Follow the steps :)

Step 1. Files to download:

-Heimdall Suite: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

-GA Fix: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Step 2. Heimdall Suite

Heimdall Suite is a suite made by Benjamin Dobell, so thanks to him we can have the Galaxy Attain back to life.

-Extract the Heimdall Suite wherever you want, but to make sure extract it in the main disk (C:\).

-After you have extracted it go into the folder of Heimdall Suite and open the Heimdall-fronted.exe (To make sure you have MS Visual C++ 2010)

--In case it gives error MSVCP100.DLL, download MS Visual C++ 2010 here: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

--Also make sure you have lastest Samsung USB Drivers, if you don't have it here is a link: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Step 3. Preparing/Configuring Drivers

-In the folder of Heimdall Suite go to a folder named Drivers.

-Attach USB to your Attain and put it into download mode. (without battery) *Volume Down + Power* then *Volume Up*

-After the computer recognizes it open zadig.exe

-Click on Options and click on List All Devices.

-Go to the List and mow you should see "Samsung USB Composite Device" on the list.

-Click on Install Drivers

-Done.

Step 4. Attain Back to Life / Heimdall Suite

-Go back to Heimdall Folder and open heimdall-fronted

-Click on Browse and look for the AttainFix.tar.gz

-Click on Load/Customise.

-Click on Flash.

-Voila! (Done).

If you have any question or anything to ask, just feel free I'm here to help,

Special thanks to:

*MobilePlay
*DadCup

Also thanks to:

*Shabbypenguin
For their great support and all the files =D

If you like my work buy me a beer :beer:

i got AttainFix.tar.gz but is corrupt, i need new one cause my phone is bricked, please help me with this file to download

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones