• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Guide]USB Brick Fix

thats interesting as the sw version for o2de is the same for o2uk either try O2___102 (notice 3 underscores) or O2___001

This worked for the mtd0.img . Thanks Rastaman.
But the problem remains.

At step 4 , i typed the command in terminal emulator correct and got the message:

usage: /data/data/flash_image partition file.img

Rebooted my phone hoping usb brick is gone.
But nothing again :(.
Surely i make something wrong, but what ??

Upvote 0
This worked for the mtd0.img . Thanks Rastaman.
But the problem remains.

At step 4 , i typed the command in terminal emulator correct and got the message:

usage: /data/data/flash_image partition file.img

Rebooted my phone hoping usb brick is gone.
But nothing again :(.
Surely i make something wrong, but what ??

it did that as it couldnt fine the file in the location you specified
make sure you put the mtd0.img in data/data/
then do
/data/data/flash_image misc /data/data/mtd0.img

Upvote 0
...after that i simply typed this command in terminal emulator
"su
/data/data/flash_image misc /data/data/mtd0.img"

Rebooted my phone and voila usb brick is gone htc sync,usb tethering,sd card mount,charge everything is working and now i am rooted and s-off again :)
Great post! I've tried a ton of unbricking guides only this one really works.
Glad I came here..I LOVE THIS FORUM!!

Upvote 0
I am stuck on the hex editor, where do I change the CID? all I see is lots of numbers. Yes, I am a BIG noob, but I've managed to save my desire this far :) only a little way to go!

when you open the mtd0 file with hex editor look for

"HTC_1xx"-your cid

"ClearAutoImage .x.xx.405.x"-your rom value

and edit those according to your cid and rom value information.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I know this post is kinda old but I am having the same problem with my cdma hero, does anybody know if these flash/brick fix files and method will work on my phone as well? I have sd card functionality and am rooted so can I just use the terminal on my phone and skip the unrooting/temporary root stuff? Thanks, and sorry again for bumping such an old post!

Upvote 0
Just joined your Forum to ask a few questions. Forgive me if they are not in the right place. I had my rooted HTC Desire USB bricked recently. I did not know what it was. Could not get any access to SD card to restore any of the ROM I had with Rom MAnager. Anyway I found this command on line fastboot oem enableqxdm 0which let me have my SD card back. All is fine apart from the fact that my bluetooth won't turn on and the battery life (which wasn't great any way) is now a lot worse. Today I found that I should have done the second part of the process with fastboot oem eraseconfig command. My question really is - do I have to go back to the original unrooted version of my HTC Desire to go through the process described at the beginning of the thread or can I do it with my current CyanogenMod?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Can't get phone CID because my usb brick does not let my see phone using fastboot. Tried the rest but can't get it back. Anyway to get phone CID without fastboot?

tx

usb brick should still allow you to use fasboot, if it doesnt then you have a driver problem
usb brick messes with storage and sdcard, not fastboot.

you can also download an app to find the cid (cid helper i think) however all of this is useless if you cannot use fastboot to get the cid as you need to be able to use fastboot to enable sdcard access

Upvote 0
Just joined your Forum to ask a few questions. Forgive me if they are not in the right place. I had my rooted HTC Desire USB bricked recently. I did not know what it was. Could not get any access to SD card to restore any of the ROM I had with Rom MAnager. Anyway I found this command on line fastboot oem enableqxdm 0which let me have my SD card back. All is fine apart from the fact that my bluetooth won't turn on and the battery life (which wasn't great any way) is now a lot worse. Today I found that I should have done the second part of the process with fastboot oem eraseconfig command. My question really is - do I have to go back to the original unrooted version of my HTC Desire to go through the process described at the beginning of the thread or can I do it with my current CyanogenMod?
no you can do this on rooted/cutom rommed devices, this is for unreooted and rooted devices.
if you have s-off you can just do eraseconfig and if that doesnt work fastboot flash your mtd0.img

Upvote 0
I looked everywhere and tried so many different things, took me the whole of today, and wow ur method worked like a charm, i can not thank you enough.

Just some advice to others:
Follow the steps exactly and do not be tempted to skip or skim read, every word is vital.

Also copy the misc file to /data/data/ from the SD card when copying the files.. i was not doing this first (no wonder it took me so long)

Upvote 0
i installed everything but i can't get the htc to be recognized in adb shell or fastboot...all i get is waiting for device ( IT IS S-OFF, AND I CAN SEE AND USE THE SD CARD)

the symptoms i get are that i can not connect to the pc by any means, i don't have any signal and no sound

PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY

i can't succeed to copy those files in phone memory

Upvote 0
i installed everything but i can't get the htc to be recognized in adb shell or fastboot...all i get is waiting for device ( IT IS S-OFF, AND I CAN SEE AND USE THE SD CARD)

the symptoms i get are that i can not connect to the pc by any means, i don't have any signal and no sound

PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY

i can't succeed to copy those files in phone memory
Can you boot to recovery?

Upvote 0
i m kind of a noob at this and i was wondering if this would work on a HTC magic 32b because i have been trying for ages to upgrade to 2.2.3 gingerbread but i need to root my android first but upon stumbling on this forum i realized that my usb is bricked but my memory card works fine so any advice right now would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones