• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Guidelines for Trading/swapping/changing/buying used phones?

LineDriver5

Dec 6, 2011
Is there a thread that lists tips/advice/guidelines on phone swapping..?

I have a fully functional galaxy and there are a few things I'm not liking about the new OS, I'm considering either trying out something else (maybe evo, have heard good things), or getting back into the iPhone which I was trying so hard to get away from 6 months ago, but whatcanyado..?

I have 18 months left on my contract with att and I'm wondering what things I should make sure the new phone I got for has.. I know ESN needs to be clean and the new phone can't require a contract, anything else?

I beleive I pay like $6 a month for insurance on my phone, will I be able to do that with the used phone I buy? I'm new to this, any and all help is appreciated thanks in advance!

Well as far as I know, most carriers allow you to switch phones without issue. But sounds like you are on the right track. As far as insurance, you will need to check with your carrier. I am not sure, but I think they insurance covers any phone on your line (although for some carriers, iPhone is different).

You might also try your carrier forum, I have seen similar questions in the Verizon forum, I am guessing its also in other carriers forums if you don't have them :)

Hope this helps! :)

Reactions: LineDriver5
Upvote 0
Well as far as I know, most carriers allow you to switch phones without issue. But sounds like you are on the right track. As far as insurance, you will need to check with your carrier. I am not sure, but I think they insurance covers any phone on your line (although for some carriers, iPhone is different).

You might also try your carrier forum, I have seen similar questions in the Verizon forum, I am guessing its also in other carriers forums if you don't have them :)

Hope this helps! :)

This does help thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones