• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDES] Downgrade ZVD/ZVC To ZVB/Emer. PB Recovery

my wives esteem was on zvc, rooted, cwm,all that. it rebooted all the time so i thought i would upgrade to zvd. sounded good til computer monitor cut off and would not come back on. long story short now its stuck on the infamous "dload n progress" blah blah blah. running win 7, completely returned comp to out of box condition. folllowed guide, but when i open the tool nd plug the phone in,nothing happens. any ideas on hopefully something easy im missing? thnx

Upvote 0
my wives esteem was on zvc, rooted, cwm,all that. it rebooted all the time so i thought i would upgrade to zvd. sounded good til computer monitor cut off and would not come back on. long story short now its stuck on the infamous "dload n progress" blah blah blah. running win 7, completely returned comp to out of box condition. folllowed guide, but when i open the tool nd plug the phone in,nothing happens. any ideas on hopefully something easy im missing? thnx
Welcome ANDROIDFAN99:)
First off why are you messing with her phone(your in big trouble now) :rofl:

Seriously you are saying LGNPST does not see the phone:thinking:
If that is the case-with the phone still plugged into the computer and LGNPST open-pull the battery out-put it back in while holding the power and volume down button as it powers on. Does it see it now?

Upvote 0
yeah nothing happening. phone screen doesnt change and nothing showing up on lgnpst tool. only thing happening is the noise when i plug it in. ive done this twice and i have no freakin idea what im missing
Click "Expand & Diminish" on LGNPST-It is to the right of where it says "no port connected"

Upvote 0
The process worked well for me and I was able to upgrade to ZD with LG tool after. But Market won't update now. Should I flash gapps-20110613 with ADB? I haven't rooted the phone again, I just want to get it stock and see if my wife will trade me her connect 4g. I told her she's getting a good deal the Esteem has a bigger screen.

First time I've heard of that problem.
Don't know of anyone that has had to flash gapps.
Did you factory reset it after the upgrade?
Or just go into the GPlay app and clear data and cache.
Interesting...

Upvote 0
I can't remember if I did a factory reset, so I tried a factory reset, couple of reboots, and wiped app data last night. Everthing else seems normal, I'm on ZVD with LG kernel. Guess I will root and attempt the gapps flash. So weird.

Did you try clearing the data/cache in the Google Play store app itself:thinking:
Try that first-as I said have never heard of anyone having to flash gapps. Don't want you to mess up your phone:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones