• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Guinea pig needed asap

Have you got the latest version? (V33)
Do you have favourites as your start up screen?

It could be an old part of the app, which I designed to pick up users on old versions (pre a favourites re-design) and upgrade their favourites, which is causing you problems, hopefully there should not be any users with the old version any more, so I will remove that code in the next release, which will hopefully solve your problem.

Thanks for your support,
Darren

Thanks for the quick reply Darren.

Yep - latest version although I didn't have favourites set as my start up screen. I've now set the favourites as my start-up and it appears to be remembering them - I'll see how it goes.
cheers
Matt

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply Darren.

Yep - latest version although I didn't have favourites set as my start up screen. I've now set the favourites as my start-up and it appears to be remembering them - I'll see how it goes.
cheers
Matt

Spoke too soon.
I've just tried accessing the app again and I got the 'once only' upgrade pop-up and no favourites. The options menu has also forgotten my widget stations and the start up screen selector has reverted to 'Main Menu'.

Upvote 0
Spoke too soon.
I've just tried accessing the app again and I got the 'once only' upgrade pop-up and no favourites. The options menu has also forgotten my widget stations and the start up screen selector has reverted to 'Main Menu'.

Do you have any problems with any other apps and saving stuff?
Because all the stuff you mention above is just stored on your phone/SD card.

All my app does to remember stuff, is store your preferences to your phone/SD. I will try a few things to replicate this, but I'm not sure how I can. Initially I would say its the phone/SD that is faulty, but obviously I can not.

Do you have your phone rooted or anything? anything else that I might not have on mine.. that could cause strange storage things?

Thanks for your feedback
Darren

Upvote 0
Do you have any problems with any other apps and saving stuff?
Because all the stuff you mention above is just stored on your phone/SD card.

All my app does to remember stuff, is store your preferences to your phone/SD. I will try a few things to replicate this, but I'm not sure how I can. Initially I would say its the phone/SD that is faulty, but obviously I can not.

Do you have your phone rooted or anything? anything else that I might not have on mine.. that could cause strange storage things?

Thanks for your feedback
Darren

Other apps save data with no problem. I've got files and app data stored to the SD card dating from the day I got the phone. The phone is a completely standard, contract free hero, not rooted or otherwise messed with.

The odd thing seems to be that it appears to save favourites and I can back out of the application to the desktop and then reopen the app and see the favourites. However if I leave it a couple of hours and open the app the favourites are forgotten and I get the 'once only' upgrade pop-up.

I can see files on the SD card which seem to be related to the app (times.htm and a folder: times_files containing lots of files). Which file is written with the app data? Could it be that the app data is staying resident in RAM but isn't being written to the card so is lost as part of the hero's internal memory clean up?

Upvote 0
Other apps save data with no problem. I've got files and app data stored to the SD card dating from the day I got the phone. The phone is a completely standard, contract free hero, not rooted or otherwise messed with.

The odd thing seems to be that it appears to save favourites and I can back out of the application to the desktop and then reopen the app and see the favourites. However if I leave it a couple of hours and open the app the favourites are forgotten and I get the 'once only' upgrade pop-up.

I can see files on the SD card which seem to be related to the app (times.htm and a folder: times_files containing lots of files). Which file is written with the app data? Could it be that the app data is staying resident in RAM but isn't being written to the card so is lost as part of the hero's internal memory clean up?

I do not know what Times.htm or times_files are, they are nothing to do with my app. Enless you have a rooted device, you will not see the files my app writes. they would be in:
/data/data/com.dg83.uktraintimes/

I have found 1 other thing I will try, which will hopefully fix the problem, It will be released in the next version. Let me know if it works.

Thanks
Darren.

Upvote 0
I do not know what Times.htm or times_files are, they are nothing to do with my app. Enless you have a rooted device, you will not see the files my app writes. they would be in:
/data/data/com.dg83.uktraintimes/

I have found 1 other thing I will try, which will hopefully fix the problem, It will be released in the next version. Let me know if it works.

Thanks
Darren.

Just realised, the files I mentioned are for another rail time app which I no longer use. I've tried a delete / reinstall of your app this morning - possibly clutching at straws :)

I'll install your update when it appears.

cheers
M

Upvote 0
Sorry to resurect this oldish thread, but want to get hold of the OP. Darren, what has happened to this app?? I can't find it in the market anymore. I wanted to upgrade to the paid for version but I can't find either of them. I also wanted to look for your air times app and that is not available either.

Are they no longer available for Heros running Android 1.5??

And when I try androidtravel.com it is not available either.

Help please

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones