• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gulf coast..

Jmtegra

Android Enthusiast
Feb 28, 2010
Pensacola, FL
Forgive me i know this has nothing to do with the Droid Eris what so ever i just thought i would share. Im posting in the Eris section of the forum.. well because this is the only place I am when i come to android forums. Mods if you feel its inappropriate for this section feel free to move it. Thanks.

This is very depressing and kills me to watch.. I grew up on these beaches. Dead dolphins, sharks, all kinds of fish, and birds. This is horrible.. Pensacola, was known to have the whitest beaches in the world... now look. Im talking about the first 30secs of the video. The rest is Hands on the Sands event.

YouTube - i dont wanna believe....!

My heart goes out to you.

It's just that the various specialized forums include places where this sort of post would be totally appropriate rather than totally not appropriate; that's how the forum operators got the place to be as good as it is so that users can count on reading and posting about specific things in specific areas.

As stated in my OP

Upvote 0
I'm sure you'll be understood by most here, me included.

I am thinking of tragedies in my life and there are some. I don't see myself posting about them in a device forum, though.

This place is vast; there are areas here where I'd be attracted to post about these things, if I were inclined to share them on a forum.

Well I wanted to share with a community of online friends that Ive made from only buying an Eris.. I dont post on any other forum. Eris section is where i know some people. Forgive me Frisco.. forgive me..

Now.. Can we discuss the OP rather than argue about what section this should be posted in? kthx.

Upvote 0
Well I wanted to share with a community of online friends that Ive made from only buying an Eris.. I dont post on any other forum. Eris section is where i know some people. Forgive me Frisco.. forgive me..

Now.. Can we discuss the OP rather than argue about what section this should be posted in? kthx.

I don't feel like I'm arguing; sorry if you do.

Also, taking the "forgive me" tack seems less mature than you probably are; It begs a belaboring of a point that was made earlier on and has a simple solution.

As it is, to be on-topic, this year's tragedies seem to be running the gamut of "natural" to corporate induced, both with huge, long term negative consequences for us and for wild life.

We keep seeing contradictory responses to all of this, and not much in the way of old fashioned leadership, another tragedy.

Upvote 0
The sad thing is our community on Pensacola beach is doing way more than BP or our government. We have more volunteers out there then paid workers.

That's great; the local volunteer stuff is the best, in my opinion.

But I want to start seeing British Petroleum representatives have face to face strategy meetings with the residents of the impacted areas. It seems that it's being treated with a sort of distant air to it; quite different, I am nearly sure, than how it would be treated if it were the coasts of Great Britain being blighted by their oil.

The videos of the toll on the birds, fish and animals are gut wrenching.

The reports of heavily impacted livelihoods begin to bring the whole thing to a crisis level that only war torn or earthquake stricken countries experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones