• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

yoyohere2

Nov 16, 2009
I was looking forward to playing gun bros since it is a free game on ipad, android, and facebook.

I load up the xperia app store by sliding the gamepad. Saw gun bros xperia play version, clicked on it and it brought me to the Verizon Vcast store. I saw gun bros for $6 and said WTF??? I need to pay a premium for the xperia play version?

Anyways, I then load up the android market app and found the gun bros for free in there. It didn't have the word xperia play associated so I went ahead and download this free game. The dual touch pads works just fine so I'm wondering if there is any difference between this free android version and the $6 Vcast xperia play version.

Reactions: NCirie and sufy1000
Sadly it looks like it is the original Gun Bros - there's no mention of Brotherhood.

Yet another example of a big company (Verizon) taking advantage of those who don't know any better... What's worse is that $6.99 is listed as the "first download" price - so they are probably charging another buck or two if you re-download it. Friggin' ridiculous...

Reactions: sufy1000
Upvote 0
I was looking forward to playing gun bros since it is a free game on ipad, android, and facebook.

I load up the xperia app store by sliding the gamepad. Saw gun bros xperia play version, clicked on it and it brought me to the Verizon Vcast store. I saw gun bros for $6 and said WTF??? I need to pay a premium for the xperia play version?

Anyways, I then load up the android market app and found the gun bros for free in there. It didn't have the word xperia play associated so I went ahead and download this free game. The dual touch pads works just fine so I'm wondering if there is any difference between this free android version and the $6 Vcast xperia play version.

Same with Dead Space. This is free through EAs site, but purchase only on vcast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones