1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Guys, is this too good to be true? ($198.00 G3?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by araxxis, Nov 11, 2014.

1. araxxis

araxxis Well-Known Member

So i just saw this article:
    https://bgr.com/2014/11/11/best-buy-black-friday-2015-full-ad/

This is what best buy is doing for black friday, in that list is this:
    "$1 LG G3 with AT&T, Sprint or Verizon contract ($198.99 off)"

Does off contract also mean unlocked? Please tell me it is unlocked, i would buy this in a heartbeat but im gonna use cricket wireless. If it isnt unlocked but is off contract what would it take to unlock the device?

Please answer, i would camp outside the store for this deal, first time ive ever said that in regards to a black friday deal.

mlg2919 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Android Enthusiast

No, I don't think off-contract means unlocked. You're still buying an AT&T, Verizon or Sprint version of the phone, and it will still be locked to that carrier. It just means you don't need to sign a new 2-year contract.

At least that's how I read it.

Mikestony likes this.
  3. araxxis

Ok if thats the case, how would i go about unlocking it? Could i call the carrier and pay a fee?

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Since you mentioned CRICKET WIRELESS,I'm assuming you'll want AT&T's variant.
    Here's their terms for unlocking:

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Also,I believe you misread the listing:

The price is not $198 off-contract,it means the on-contract price is marked down,not the off-contract price.
    The off-contract price will be the same:$698,typical for BestBuy,off-contract pricing is always more expensive at BestBuy vs the Carriers off-contract pricing.

Mikestony likes this.
  5. araxxis

Wow you are right im an idiot LOL. I have been reading so much phone stuff lately i immediately took the "off" as meaning off contract. /facepalm

Either way, great deal for someone who is looking to sign a new contract and this thread still has validity for them :)

Mikestony likes this.
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

ABSOLUTELY!

I'm usually pessimistic regarding promotions/etc......

BLACK FRIDAY is the exception to that.
    As time nears, especially the day before, or, right @ midnight, anything is possible, & you never know what you may come across......

7. legalkill

legalkill Android Enthusiast

I only caution any best buy black friday deals. They usually have low quantity and high demand of any thing that is of decent savings. Phones may be different and there may be a lower demand since this is not the latest. I would definitely try online, but I stopped camping at best buy when line cutters and general mob rule kept us from getting what we waited for, plus I love the fight club atmosphere of walmart black friday.

8. hawkwind212

hawkwind212 Member

Amazon is offereing 1 cent G3 with 2 year contract deal.

KOLIO likes this.
  9. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

I bit the bullet and paid the full $699 price a week after it showed up here. Money well spent if you ask me. Love the LG G3! Now wishing they release a new G Pad.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews