1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Guys! Try out GDE homescreen cube! AMAZING!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chaoticzdh, Nov 17, 2009.

1. kramerica

kramerica Android Enthusiast

I really like this application and have not experienced any lags so far. Using the cube right now, but like the capability to be able to switch that layout.

Do have the wallpaper split screen when switching to landscape, but this is a minor annoyance.

Thanks above to the tipsters with this application. Needed to use them a couple times, so greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

I don't use ATK either...

3. kramerica

kramerica Android Enthusiast

I use ATK, but have just started using GDE tonight, so I couldn't give you a very fair assessment on the performance. I don't have any trouble "using" ATK so far and performance of the device overall does not seem to have suffered. Again though, it is early in the process.

4. Been using it for about a week with 5 screens and a Kamillion background...no complaints! :cool:

5. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

I'm not implying ATK has any trouble but rather using ATK occasionally may make all the difference as to how smooth GDE runs.

I pretty much treat my Droid like my computer.. I don't let tons of stuff run in the background that I have no intention of using in the next few minutes.

6. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member

This is a misconception, an all black background uses the same amount of energy as any other background.

7. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

I don't know about cell phones, but lcd tv screens use most power when black and plasma when white "unless I have that backwards"

8. FireChief

FireChief Well-Known Member

OK,

Black screen takes the same amount of energy?

Black screen takes more energy?

Black screen takes less energy?

Anyone have a definitive answer with a referenced source?

9. Jaxx10

Jaxx10 Member

is anyone getting duplicate list of apps when u restart you phone while having GDE ???

10. ponchera

ponchera Member

Yep, me , just read the entire thread to try figure out whats going on, for some icons i even get triple and quad icons...very annoying. Power off/on doesn't help either.

11. JonKyu

JonKyu Member

Black screens will not save battery on LCD screens because the backlight is still on. However, if the screen was made of LED's then yes black would save battery since the LED's wouldn't be on. I'm no LCD vs LED expert though but here's a post that I found on another forum: Does a black theme increases battery life?

12. longdaddy

longdaddy Well-Known Member

Just bought gde and installed the hero theme but cant figure out how to make the theme show and where is the settings and everything at for this im confused please help

Edit: Never mind found everything when i hit the menu lol

13. DjSmooth

DjSmooth Well-Known Member

I Luv this App, the best I've seen so far, and every IPhoneFan I show my Droid to, after they catch their breath, its like what App is that, and I just reply "Sorry! This is one of those Droid Does and IDon't" :0)

14. Fadelight

Fadelight Android Expert

I emailed the dev and asked him about using custom icon packs. I think that would make GDE even more awesome.

I haven't heard back from him yet, though.

15. megush

megush Newbie

To get the refund, do you just have to uninstall the app or do you need to contact Google and/or the developer? And where does the refund go...back to your credit card or is it like getting store credit for more apps?

16. dakoop

dakoop Well-Known Member

Nice little app but they need more themes for it!

17. FireChief

FireChief Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info and reference.

So, to RECAP: According to the posts in the link you provided, the black screen DOES save energy, however, the difference could be considered negligible compared to the power used by the backlight, and other devices on the phone (wi-fi, bluetooth, etc).

FC

18. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Android Enthusiast

Installed GDE and I like it.. but noticed problems like if I install an app from the market, it takes like 5 mins to show on the applications list to run it, if I move the cube to 2 screens straight it shows a black screen for a while..apart from that it is not bad.. decided to keep it ..hopefully there will be an update soon..

19. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

You have to uninstall within 24 hours of purchase to get the refund...

20. frishmans92

frishmans92 Newbie

I actually have the exact same issue. However I changed mine to where #2 is default, scroll left for #1 and scroll right for #3 like on the default theme. And on my #1 (Left side) the top part wont let me put anything on it, except dead center (an icon) but that's it. Along with that small issue, my only small thing is the Hero theme is a little grainy, but hey, thats a resolution issue that the developers can solve :)

21. I liked the app at first, then noticed that it was crashing often and i was unable to click on icons for a while. Please fix issues to i can reinstall.

Thanks!

22. CrunchSA

CrunchSA Newbie

It sounds like you may have an Application Dock on that screen (#1). You can remove it by long-pressing the edge

23. DGalt

DGalt Android Enthusiast

What is autoscroll? The dev said the next update should decrease the latency for autoscroll, but I can't figure out what autoscroll is lol

24. DGalt

DGalt Android Enthusiast

Just ran into a bit of an issue. When I open up my Apps menu there are duplicates of each of my app icons. Restart didn't fix it. Any ideas :thinking:

25. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Android Enthusiast

I get that too and sometime recently installed apps does not appear.. to fix it I click on the top left arrow and and click on the applications and it works fine..

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews