• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GV to Redux question

mbatson89

Android Enthusiast
Apr 21, 2010
UK
It's been a whilst since i last posted but i fancied a change from GV so today flashed Redux 1.2 and being the impatient git (read: blithering idiot :p) i am, for got to do a wipe before installing. Thought i'd try and boot up anyway and have found that, to my surprise everything seems fine?

I was expecting all sorts of fc's etc but don't seem to be getting any. Should i not take the chance and wipe anyway and re-install or has this been done before with no issues?

Also, which is the best partition table to use with redux?

Thanks for any help :)

I'm a little surprised you got away with it, but if it works then fine. If you start finding strange things that don't work you may need to wipe to fix them (or clear the relevant data, if you can guess what those are!).

Redux fits in Oxygen table. You can always use Quick System Info to check how much space you are using in each partition and choose based on that.

Reactions: mbatson89
Upvote 0
Thanks Hadron. All seems okay at the moment, even my HTC IME keyboard is working without issues so i seem to have been very lucky! At work so haven't been able to play with it a great deal though... fingers crossed it stays that way!

Okay thanks, i've got a fair amount of space left atm but just like to make sure i'm on the most effective table just in case i go on a bit of a downloading spree :D

Upvote 0
Ive just changed to the themed version from original version and using Bravo sense Hboot with supplied kernel.
I had been using ManU2.0 but had a couple of issues with phone freezing after a call which i think was due to the kernel going down to 128.
I used setcpu to 245 as min and it seemed ok.
Ive been on Redux for a long time now as imo its simply the best out there.:D

Upvote 0
Im using 2.0 atm but given what i've read i'll be switching back to 1.4 i think but haven't got the file on my phone atm though so will have to wait till i get home.

Restore seemed to go okay, home button working fine etc. Very impressed with the speed so far. Oddly i got a low memory error message during restore but have a fair amount of memory free.

Can i still use darktremor with Redux? (sorry at work and can't re-read loads of old threads) If not, what's the best apps2sd solution to use with it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones