• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GVoice Call Screening Dialpad Prob

Busbar

Jan 4, 2010
I can't answer incoming GVoice calls on my VZW GNex. When the call arrives, I swipe to answer. Since I have call screening GVoice announces the caller and says "press 1 to answer". So I activate the dialpad, but when I touch "1" (or any number for that matter), the display blanks and the touch tone is not sent. After trying this repeatedly the call times out to voicemail.

Apart from turning off call screening, how to I get the dialpad active on incoming calls? Is this a known GNex/ICS issue, or just my clumsiness?

Is it possible Google Voice changed this feature to not allow answering? I looked at the feature on my Settings page ( on the web dashboard for Google Voice) and it describes the toggle of this feature as "Announces caller and lets you listen as caller leaves a message." Maybe that's happening every time for you, and it's intended.

Or, how would I turn on this feature in order to test out your bug?

Upvote 0
dialpad not working with IVR is a known issue.

Your tones aren't getting through, and it sucks.

I called VZW about the whole problem thing since no update since 12/15... they might try to get you to call Samsung or Google.

Well S/G have submitted from what I can almost gather.... VZW is the culprit. I did get a $200+ credit last night for nicely stating my problems and full price buying another phone just to make their service work.... excellent smithers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones