• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gyrometer (tilt) is slightly off

Hey, my Kindle Fire is great and I'm loving it, but whenever I play any tilt games, I can see that the gyro is just slightly off. When it's perfectly level, the device thinks I'm tilting it to the left a bit. Is there any way to reset the gyro or to calibrate it? I saw somewhere someone said to just shake the device and turn it on every axis, but I tried that and it doesn't seem to work.

If it helps, I'm rooted, so I can use root apps if that will assist me in fixing my problem... Thanks.

Did it do this out of the box? If so, send it back.

I would try giving it a firm tap to the back a few times. Next try a reset (press and hold Power for 20 seconds). If that doesn't work, maybe try a factory reset.

-Mitch

I'm really not sure if it did it out of the box... I got it on the 17th of last month and I noticed it a couple weeks ago, so I guess it might have happened out of the box. I'll try what you said. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones