1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gyroscope?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by excav8ter, Feb 7, 2016.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast

Good morning everyone. Last night, while trying to view a few websites, i noticed that my screen will not rotate when i turn my phone sideways. I did hit *#0*# and did test the sensors, the gyroscope failed. Crap. Is the gyroscope replaceable? Is it worth doing? Or do i live with it until the S7 comes out, which i was planning on getting anyway.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Restart your phone in Safe Mode and check your screen rotation.

Mikestony likes this.
  3. excav8ter

I gave that a try per your advice, gyroscope still fails the test. :(

4. ironass

Looks like it is a Samsung repair time I am afraid. If you live in Europe, there is a 2 year warranty on Samsung phones.

Mikestony likes this.
  5. excav8ter

What's the warranty in Michigan? ;)

I may swing by the Sprint Corporate store tonight and see what is involved. Good thing the S7 is coming. .. :)

6. ironass

To save money and increase profits, the U.S. carriers only offer a 12 month warranty.

7. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Some people have found that a sudden jolt has started it working again. Phil

8. excav8ter

I gave it a couple of good whacks, but nothing has changed yet. The Sprint Corporate store said they can easily fix it for about $75-$100. I may just go that route. But I'll probably wait until the S7 comes out first.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews