• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root H boot 1.5 and newbie ?

mikem0269

Android Expert
Aug 15, 2011
Illinois
Just got my LTE and have H boot 1.5 and will be rooting soon (but not in the next 10 mn.) and being lazy. Anything special and im assuming this is good because it looks like an old h boot.
Newbie question : does it take the micro sd or is it the mini sd.
And Hello everyone from the OG evo!! and ofcorse everyone else.

Edit: ok i see the root for 1.5 but im software version1.22.651.3 710RD
again does that matter

Reactions: ocnbrze
Just got my LTE and have H boot 1.5 and will be rooting soon (but not in the next 10 mn.) and being lazy. Anything special and im assuming this is good because it looks like an old h boot.
Newbie question : does it take the micro sd or is it the mini sd.
And Hello everyone from the OG evo!! and ofcorse everyone else.

Edit: ok i see the root for 1.5 but im software version1.22.651.3 710RD
again does that matter

yeah i just saw on your other thread that you got evo lte....congrats on your decision!!!!

now as far as sd cards go.....its the same as the og evo. it takes a micto sd card.

yep you can s-off with your specs there are a few options you can go to get s-off now:

here are the guides:
Evo 4G LTE - All Things Root - Android Forums

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-lte-all-things-root/692301-s-off-facepalm-s-off-htc-evo-4g-lte.html

Upvote 0
Thanks OCN Its going to take a day or 2 for me to wrap my head around all the newness LOL this thing is awesome but you know this already. one thing im in shock with is the crazy speed of the 4g on lte. Its just unreal. Oh and i think im having separation anxitey from the og. I think i have to carry it with me too.

Upvote 0
Thanks OCN Its going to take a day or 2 for me to wrap my head around all the newness LOL this thing is awesome but you know this already. one thing im in shock with is the crazy speed of the 4g on lte. Its just unreal.

its funny though as you were torn about the note 2....i was just reading about the note 8!!!!!

check this beast out....LOL
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Tablets - CNET Reviews

any ways you will be very happy with evo lte. if you need help getting "your head around it" there are plenty of folks here who can help.

Reactions: mikem0269
Upvote 0
its funny though as you were torn about the note 2....i was just reading about the note 8!!!!!

check this beast out....LOL
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Tablets - CNET Reviews

any ways you will be very happy with evo lte. if you need help getting "your head around it" there are plenty of folks here who can help.

I had myne rooted the first hour I had got it. Never even thought twice about it. Good luck with the new phone and remember we're always around to help :)

Ok I think im geting there I have Ubuntu 12.10 loaded on my pc and have been reading to the point that my eyeballs are about to fall out. The one thing that im wondering is this bricking during root and needing Ubuntu to un brick it. How common is this?? Also the instructions for DirtyRacun has steps in the middle for 3.16 only but isnt to clear where to skip to if you dont have 3.16:thinking:.
My phone
Hardware 0003
Software Version 1.22.651.3 710RD
Android version 4.0.3
Baseband 1.05.11.060
Where do I find the firmware version and is that important to rooting??

Upvote 0
Ok I think im geting there I have Ubuntu 12.10 loaded on my pc and have been reading to the point that my eyeballs are about to fall out. The one thing that im wondering is this bricking during root and needing Ubuntu to un brick it. How common is this?? Also the instructions for DirtyRacun has steps in the middle for 3.16 only but isnt to clear where to skip to if you dont have 3.16:thinking:.
My phone
Hardware 0003
Android version 4.0.3
Baseband 1.05.11.060

skip steps a-f those are for 3.16.....and it does happen. it did not happen for me however i used lazy panda so i can't truly speak for dirty racun.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
My phone
Hardware 0003
Android version 4.0.3
Baseband 1.05.11.060

EDIT: Ninja'd by Ocn....AGAIN!! :p

If you didn't update your phone since getting it, and it's still S-on, your firmware stuffs match up with your Baseband # 1.05.11.060. No worries on that for now.

I bricked quite a few times before it worked, but that was on Lazy Panda / and operator error (me :p). It really isn't a true "brick", it's just stuck in Qualcomm Download Mode, which the unbricker fixes pretty easily. ;) The rub is you need Ubuntu set up and confirmed working, the 32 bit version, make sure it's that version.

Give me a minute to look up the Dirty Racun Instructions, I need a refresher. NVM Ocn covered it above. :D

Upvote 0
skip steps a-f those are for 3.16.....and it does happen. it did not happen for me however i used lazy panda so i can't truly speak for dirty racun.
You say to skip steps a to f but the instructions just start with 1 so basicly like this

step 1
step 2
step 3
step 4
--steps for 3.16 only
step 1
step 2
step 3
step 4
step 5
step 6 babyracun
step 5 (Linux only
step 6
steps 7 to 15
So Im guessing skip 1 to 6 under 3.16.
And I thought tacoroot was a pain LOL

Upvote 0
You say to skip steps a to f but the instructions just start with 1 so basicly like this

step 1
step 2
step 3
step 4
--steps for 3.16 only
step 1
step 2
step 3
step 4
step 5
step 6 babyracun
step 5 (Linux only
step 6
steps 7 to 15
So Im guessing skip 1 to 6 under 3.16.
And I thought tacoroot was a pain LOL

ok not sure where you going from but for dirty racun you need to use their guide:Unlimited.IO

after step 4 a-f is baby racun then step 5-15 is dirty racun.

Upvote 0
EDIT: Ninja'd by Ocn....AGAIN!! :p

If you didn't update your phone since getting it, and it's still S-on, your firmware stuffs match up with your Baseband # 1.05.11.060. No worries on that for now.

I bricked quite a few times before it worked, but that was on Lazy Panda / and operator error (me :p). It really isn't a true "brick", it's just stuck in Qualcomm Download Mode, which the unbricker fixes pretty easily. ;) The rub is you need Ubuntu set up and confirmed working, the 32 bit version, make sure it's that version.

Give me a minute to look up the Dirty Racun Instructions, I need a refresher. NVM Ocn covered it above. :D
I have ubuntu 12.10 and im using it now but what do you mean "confirmed working" Is there something i need to test first?

Upvote 0
I have ubuntu 12.10 and im using it now but what do you mean "confirmed working" Is there something i need to test first?

you just need to make sure that you have installed the live cd or have ubuntu up and running before running dirty racun. otherwise you have to get ubuntu up and working so that you can run he unbircker.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
you just need to make sure that you have installed the live cd or have ubuntu up and running before running dirty racun. otherwise you have to get ubuntu up and working so that you can run he unbircker.
Ok cool.I installed it on one of my desktops so I should be good. Im going to root on saturday just checking and downloading everything now and getting ready.

Upvote 0
Ok cool.I installed it on one of my desktops so I should be good. Im going to root on saturday just checking and downloading everything now and getting ready.

smart move, take your time. i would also recommend that you read http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-lte...g-dummies-guide-racun-babyracun-unlocked.html. i would as many of the posts as you can. there is some great troubleshooting in he thread that might help you if you run into trouble or it may answer some of the questions you have as well......and keep the questions coming if you have them.

Upvote 0

When you have Ubuntu up and running, check to be sure your internet connection is working. You'll need to have the files downloaded while booted into Ubuntu.

Also, plug your phone in and check to see that it's communicating with your PC properly. They "should" go together like peas and carrots, but it's always good to check before you start. :)

Upvote 0
Dude, you will be fine. I did mine in about 2 hours with dirty racun. I have NEVER used linux or ubuntu. I spent majority of the two hours double and quadruple checking things. I also had to deal with my own learning curve of sorts. And I made sure to post minute-by-minute and step-by-step updates of my s-off status. Search under my name and you should be able to locate the thread I was posting to. It may offer some assistance or comfort for you. The folk over at unlimited prefer you contact them for support. They do not allow EVO masters like ocn and granite and argedion make their own guides on using dirty racun.

I'm so happy I went s-off. I'm sure you will be too.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones