1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

h-boot menu

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mark505, Apr 19, 2012.

1. mark505

mark505 Newbie

i bought another desire hd today and when i switched it on for the first time it was on safe mode my friend took it from me and did something and suddenly a black screen appeared and it started restoring or something like that. as i have had issues with my last device i turned it off and tried to go into HBOOT menu (volume down + power button ) but as i hold down the volume key and press the power button it turns on so guys help me.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mark505

mark505 Newbie

would anyone help?

3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Sorry that you're only just getting a response!

I am not sure what's wrong... does your phone not turn on?

HTC safe mode is a mode that temporarily disables all user installed apps... if your phone works while in safe mode, then it means that an app could be causing you problems and you can uninstall any apps you think it could be.

Here is a link about safe mode for the thunderbolt, but other htc devices should be similar: Safe Mode - Thunderbolt™ by HTC

You can usually clear Safe mode by restarting the phone.

I realise that you said that you just bought the phone... was it the first time you turned the phone on? Had you installed any apps recently that could have caused the issue? Where did you get the phone?

(sorry for all the questions... just want to try and work out what I can suggest)

mark505 likes this.
  4. mark505

mark505 Newbie

well actually d-u-r-x i bought it from a third world country and frankly speaking i don't know a lot people over here just moved from u.k for a year..
    i bought a new DHD and turned it on but it was on safe mode i don't know why so i gave that device to my friend and he did something and the phone started restoring fortunately it was back to normal as i've had problems with my previous device so i thought i should note down what HBOOT menu has to say. so i switched off the device and tried to access hboot (volume - + power ) but as i press both i switches on with the blink of on eye i've tried to do that many times but it just turns on doesn't go to HBOOT menu

5. mark505

mark505 Newbie

and one thing more this device that i have whenever i turn it on comes up to home screen and a little pop-up window shows up and says restoring from sd card i do not have any applications installed on my sd card but it has 2.2 Gb space occupied so guess thats all the info i know and just want to access hBOOT menu if anybody could help me in that i would be great.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews