1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

H815 Mainboard Sourcing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ilya, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Ilya

Ilya Android Enthusiast

My LG G4 H815 (Taiwan) has decided to bootloop and it is going to cost me an arm and a leg and a headache to get it to LG Taiwan to get fixed per the 'recall'. Evidently customers pay for shipping even when it's a manufacturer defect and then there is customs too. I can link the XDA thread of my ranting about the situation if anyone wants to read...or just head over to the LG G4 XDA general section and read for yourself.

Anyone know where I can source an H815 mainboard so I can fix this myself?

Phone works GREAT if I use it in the freezer...lol. Once it's in a room temp environment, it starts to boot loop.

#1 Ilya, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

KOLIO likes this.
  3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

It's (shipping & handling) probably more than it should be.

I had a similar situation with ONE ;) phone about 2-3 years ago.

Paid $25 fee just for the pleasure of having them troubleshooting while under warranty & they had the stones to return it to me without fixing it.
    Not a typical experience, I hope, but, over the top fees & deductibles aren't unheard of on my side of the pond.

The real sole/main purpose of the shipping fees isn't to recover the shipping costs, but, to deter people from sending in their defective phones at all, to avoid that expense,which is undoubtedly greater.It's not just LG,just about every mfg uses this &/or other tactics similar to this.No shame........ :paperbagdroid: :cashdroid:

El Presidente likes this.
  4. Ilya

Ilya Android Enthusiast

Only reason why I'm being charged shipping is because I'm a US customer. They don't usually have people from the US contacting them as the majority of US customers have US model phones. Basically they don't have prepaid contracts with US shipping carriers.

And I did find one hoard seller online, I think it was in the UK and the board was like $380 USD.

I've decided to just ship the phone, pay the $80 or so and then sell it once it's fixed. I have the Nexus 6P now. Love this phone.

El Presidente and KOLIO like this.

LG G4 Forum

The LG G4 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews