• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HACKED again

Okay,.....this is my 3rd phone to be hacked/cloned. I just bought this one and have been pretty/ very good about keeping it on me so they can't get the IMEI #. I have been reading about hacking ur phone through the Bluetooth. My question is how easy is it for them to do that. And what are the things that can be done after they get in to the phone?

I am homeless living in my car right now and I'm being gang stalked and there are a 100 different people who could be responsible. I want to see if the possibilities u say match up to what has been happening. Thank u for ur time

Okay,.....this is my 3rd phone to be hacked/cloned. I just bought this one and have been pretty/ very good about keeping it on me so they can't get the IMEI #. I have been reading about hacking ur phone through the Bluetooth. My question is how easy is it for them to do that. And what are the things that can be done after they get in to the phone?

I am homeless living in my car right now and I'm being gang stalked and there are a 100 different people who could be responsible. I want to see if the possibilities u say match up to what has been happening. Thank u for ur time
Ouch man, stay safe out there.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Okay,.....this is my 3rd phone to be hacked/cloned. I just bought this one and have been pretty/ very good about keeping it on me so they can't get the IMEI #.

FYI hacking and cloning a phone's ESN etc. was something that was only really a problem years ago with analogue ETACS and AMPS phones. Which really only required a radio scanner bought from Tandy or something, a laptop, and appropriate software. Also these days AFAIK the carriers, if they detect duplicate cloned ESNs, IMEIs, on their networks, they blacklist those devices.

I have been reading about hacking ur phone through the Bluetooth. My question is how easy is it for them to do that. And what are the things that can be done after they get in to the phone?

Likely impossible or very difficult. Also as Bluetooth only has a range of approx 10 metres line of sight, a very short range. Basically the perps would need to be sat in the car with you, or parked next to you, so you'd basically see them. If in doubt keep the BT turned off, and only turn it on when you actually need to use it, and keep visibility turned OFF unless you need to pair a new device.

Sorry for your situation, here's hoping things become better for you. But I think, check all your online accounts are secure, like your Google Account. Remove any registered devices from your account you don't recognise. If necessary change all your passwords, and enable two-factor authentication, and stay away from any social media, like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
how do you know you were hacked? the idea of hacking for the most part is to be undetected so that thieves can steal your identity.
Because I watched the phone bring up the Alfred app to watch me. And certain people my boss knows things that shouldn't be known in the not to mention the being followed. Hacked isn't tje right word cloned is. It's a long story has to do with gang stalking but I'm not going to get into it all I want to know is about the Bluetooth thing

Upvote 0
FYI hacking and cloning a phone's ESN etc. was something that was only really a problem years ago with analogue ETACS and AMPS phones. Which really only required a radio scanner bought from Tandy or something, a laptop, and appropriate software. Also these days AFAIK the carriers, if they detect duplicate cloned ESNs, IMEIs, on their networks, they blacklist those devices.

Likely impossible or very difficult. Also as Bluetooth only has a range of approx 10 metres line of sight, a very short range. Basically the perps would need to be sat in the car with you, or parked next to you, so you'd basically see them. If in doubt keep the BT turned off, and only turn it on when you actually need to use it, and keep visibility turned OFF unless you need to pair a new device.

Sorry for your situation, here's hoping things become better for you. But I think, check all your online accounts are secure, like your Google Account. Remove any registered devices from your account you don't recognise. If necessary change all your passwords, and enable two-factor authentication, and stay away from any social media, like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, etc.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the info man but I'm a hundred percent on this one. I understand it's they got to be within 10 feet or 30 feet whatever but that is definitely a possibility being in my I'm in my car. But I think you did fill me in on something I don't think it's that I think it's something else. Thank you for all the info keep helping non technology-savvy people like me out man

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones